All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best places to buy seeds @ fertilizer

northernpotter

5 year old buck +
What are the best place or places to buy alfalfa ,clover seeds, and fertilizers in Lancaster and potter counties in Pennsylvania ?

In most places it is the local coop.

When I started plotting, it took me a while to find local seed, fertilizer, lime and chemical sources. As Jack said, it will probably be your local Farmer coop's. Talk with local farmers, check with local garden shops and your county extension agents, they will point you in the right direction. When you find a place, don't be afraid to ask for what seed etc you are looking for. Most places can order what you are looking for if they don't have it in stock or they will tell you where to get it.

Thanks for the replies. I` ll check it out.

If you're in Lancaster Co., depending on what part of the county, you could come to F.M. Brown and Sons in Sinking Spring, Berks Co. I've bought seed and fertilizer there for my camp. They have clover, alfalfa, & chicory seed there and sell some in mixes. They supply a lot of farmers in Berks Co. All kinds of fertilizer there too.