Badgersett Question

Keystonepaul

5 year old buck +
Hi folks, new to the forum. First question- looking at getting some hazelnut bushes from Badgersett, but they have several poor reviews- poor communication, incomplete orders, no orders, indifference on their part when it comes to some orders.... they appear to still be in business though their website is nowhere near up to date....don't want my first post to be negative but... am thinking of ordering about 15 hazelnut bushes and few chestnuts from them, BUT can't afford to get 180 bucks tied up in limbo with nothing or little to show for it.....so are they still up and running and anyone have any experiences good or bad with Badgersett. Not happy my first post isn't one that's more positive, but I don't think I portrayed them

Are you just wanting American hazelnuts or particular varieties? If just American seedlings I would look elsewhere like MDC or musser much cheaper for 15 trees.

Thanks folks, smsmith, that is my fear...... appreciate the link Jack, and will look at Musser and mdc- thanks DLH

I ordered no prob from them last year, no reply this year though, even after several trys.

I bought 25 American Hazelnut whips from Missouri conservation district a few years back. I have about 3 of those throwing nuts now. Tiny little pea sized nuts...tasty but small. If I could find the European variety I would be more inclined as they have the bigger sized nuts like you find in stores.