All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archery Target Recommendations

I have the rhinoblock
6bd84c60c3973487b1d4bfd5954a9498.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have the rhinoblock
d85be477d49ffaf95e38950bebfd761d.jpg

I need an arrow puller to pull field points from both my Rinehart with a regular bow. It is shooting thin diameter arrows 430gr arrows at 315 fps though. The square 1 I have to flip over and stand on. If you are having trouble removing arrows from a block better get a truck with the rhinehart.

Is that a bag type, block type, or 3d?

I didn't see the pics when I replied here. I presume from them it is a block type. Correct?

Is that a bag type, block type, or 3d?

I didn't see the pics when I replied here. I presume from them it is a block type. Correct?
I have a booner buck 3d that I can't stand to shoot because of arrow removal and a rhinoblock I don't think Rinehart makes a bag

Big Shot Iron Man Targets. Stop just about everything out there. They are rebuild-able too if you manage to shoot one up.
http://www.bigshottargets.com/

A couple folks have not suggested these. How do they fit the other criteria?

Thanks,

Jack
The BIG SHOT 450K was the only target I could find last year that would stop my crossbow. It does not have a deer vital zone on the face just small bullseyes, but you can buy burlap printed targets and pin them to the face. I can easily pull the arrows out.

If you need it to stop a xbow then order up a blob target they never wear out !

Thanks for all the recommendations and info. Based on what I read here, I decided to try the Rinehart Xbow Bag. I ran to cabelas this morning and picked one up. It worked very well for sighting in. My crossbow only penetrated about 4" or less. The points did not come through the back. It worked equally well with my compound. Arrow removal was a breeze. The only thing I need to adjust is the face. I'll figure out how to do that over time. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Time will tell about durability.

Thanks,

Jack

Did you ever build anything to cover the target? I'm looking for ideas right now. I've ordered a Bulldog target 2'x3' that has lifetime replacement but want to build a covered shed type structure for it.

Did you ever build anything to cover the target? I'm looking for ideas right now. I've ordered a Bulldog target 2'x3' that has lifetime replacement but want to build a covered shed type structure for it.

Not yet. Too many other things have taken priority. The last idea I had was to put them on skids. I was looking for a way to push them to the side of the field with my tractor when I need to mow. For now, I've just been carrying the target out when I shoot and bringing it back. Eventually, it will get to the top of my list.

Thanks,

Jack

Not yet. Too many other things have taken priority. The last idea I had was to put them on skids. I was looking for a way to push them to the side of the field with my tractor when I need to mow. For now, I've just been carrying the target out when I shoot and bringing it back. Eventually, it will get to the top of my list.

Thanks,

Jack
Thanks. Yeah my trail/path to the target needs some additional work and possibly lengthened so I'm trying to come up with something that I can easily pick up with tractor and move as well.

Thanks. Yeah my trail/path to the target needs some additional work and possibly lengthened so I'm trying to come up with something that I can easily pick up with tractor and move as well.

I considered something I could attache to the loader bucket easily, lift and move. I'm now thinking that it would be easier to simply lay a couple PT 4x4s on the ground and build the structure on them. I should then be able to push it to the side of the small field to mow and then push it back. I think it is less complicated than some connection that I can attach and lift. I've got room to do this. In some cases lifting might be better.

Thanks,

Jack