All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archery Target stand. 99% done.

Livesintrees

5 year old buck +
Now that i have my own land one of the things I wanted was a simple target stand. I wanted a big face to shoot. I hunt with a compound and picked up a longbow again this spring after getting away from the traditional side for awhile. I also shoot field archery. So the ability to have a big target for my lack of longbow accuracy as well as shooting 80 yards with my target setup (tune the compound long range also) was a priority. So I dug the holes last week and cemented. The posts. Then Saturday I had an hour or so of “free time”. Built the rest. All that’s left is some plywood and material for the roof. An hour or so this weekend and it’ll be done. I’m happy with it, and it’s time to start poking it with arrows. AEB853B3-AFE0-4E6D-A904-CC32FC64971C.jpeg9853750F-0192-43FC-B33A-C162A65409FB.jpeg6E8B6D9D-7958-43AD-950D-2E46A0B354B3.jpeg

Very nice!

I like it.

Love it!

That should be around for a while....What's the backstop? Almost looks like a rubber truck bed liner.

I have been wanting to make two of those. Most use a cow mat from TSC for the backstop. Looks great

Back rubber is a horse mat from tractor supply. 4x6 weighs 97 pounds. About $40. I used 3/8 hardware from work to nut and bolt it through

I've shot many times on several outdoor courses at clubs & those rubber back-mats are a HUGE plus. You don't lose arrows nearly as much if you have a few "flyers", and they bounce back with no damage. Nice work.