All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Age??

Mortenson

5 year old buck +
Big bucks are thus far pretty slim pickins this year. This deer has been coming around, and I either have no history with him, or I can't figure out yet who he is. I can't tell if he already broke off the end of his right main beam or if it's just a weird layout where it curls up with the G4. How do you experts age this guy? He's the only shooter I have on camera, but I'm still hoping at least 2 others from last year roll around.

IMG_0163.JPGIMG_0164.JPGIMG_0424.JPGIMG_0392.JPG

No expert but I see 4+ In the daytime picture.

I'm with Bill.

I’m going with 4 also. Nice looking buck for sure!

Nice Mort! Id also say 4. And I dont think hes broke... just looks like a tight curl at the end. Maybe has dried velvet or something too to discolor it?

Good looking buck!

I say 4 all day long, and beautiful deer too.....

Very nice buck! Likely 4 or older I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Been hoping to see this buck but no sign of him since these pics. I have a few cams that I haven't checked however. Think I've hunted 8 or 9 times so far and haven't seen a buck older than 1.5 yrs. Absolutely the worst bow season of my life.