90 Acres in Harris MN........Cheap?

M

MoBuckChaser

deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
It sure seems Rec land is dropping

It sure seems Rec land is dropping

Just wait until the big chunk of baby boomers decide to cash in for retirement. The surveyor that did some work for me this month said we're not there yet but the spike in inventory is coming real soon. He has been doing a lot more work for those getting ready to put property on the market.

Just wait until the big chunk of baby boomers decide to cash in for retirement. The surveyor that did some work for me this month said we're not there yet but the spike in inventory is coming real soon. He has been doing a lot more work for those getting ready to put property on the market.
Excellent point, never thought of that

I dont see recreational land doing any drastic changes in market value. Most baby boomers had good jobs with solid retirement plans/pentions and can afford to keep their land. Our generation does not see pensions and great health benefits paid for by the company... JMHO

I dont see recreational land doing any drastic changes in market value. Most baby boomers had good jobs with solid retirement plans/pentions and can afford to keep their land. Our generation does not see pensions and great health benefits paid for by the company... JMHO

Maybe it's more a regional thing because up here many trade in the northern green spruce scenery for the southern golf green scenery. I also know a lot of Boomer's who lost good jobs in the recession and all they have left for retirement is the land they may be now putting on the market after their other savings dry up.

Must have a lot of wetland or have some sort of easement to be that price when it is that close to the big city.

I hope somebody on here looks at this so we can meet up at the ole Cafe Stuga for some lunch and Big Daddy's for a beer :D

Nope, that place keeps changing hands and is now called "The Fuse". No more ladies, so that's no fun! ;)

LOL, I know who you are talking about because I did the SAME thing on my 18th birthday!

Must have a lot of wetland or have some sort of easement to be that price when it is that close to the big city.

Not much low from the google map, but there's a marina across the street to the West. Could be low elevation and flood prone too. Looks pretty darn Flat!

The area it shows on the craigslist ad is wrong. It's north of Harris, not west. If I had the money, I would be interested in this chunk...I know the area well and I know it can be decent hunting in there. Shoot them an email and they will send u a pdf with info. It's mainly hardwoods but a huge storm came through and nocked most down in that area. Says it was logged and 1,000 pines were planted. Nice areas for plots. Only downfall is several houses in the area. Public land 1/4 mi. away gives you some more land to play with

Disregard what I said....it's wet. Just looked at the gis map of it. Could be a decent spot but I wouldn't know unless I walked it. Would be a north wind spot with access from the road to the south or a west wind spot with access from the east from the train tracks. If anybody is actually interested I would be willing to run out there and walk it for you and let you know what I think!