8' Genesis no-till questions

Boll Weevil

5 year old buck +
Genesis offers two 8' drills; one weighing 2625lb and the HD model weighing 3803lb. I'm assuming primary determining factors like tractor size/hp, soil type, downforce needed for residue are key considerations but can anyone offer insight about which model might be preferred?

Genesis offers two 8' drills; one weighing 2625lb and the HD model weighing 3803lb. I'm assuming primary determining factors like tractor size/hp, soil type, downforce needed for residue are key considerations but can anyone offer insight about which model might be preferred?
I think both are plenty heavy. Unless you have a 90hp tractor I would get the lighter one. Will be 3k when full of seed. Plenty heavy.

I have the HD Genesis 5, and in hindsight would have bought the standard weight.

Go on…because?
Check out this post from a similar question…..

Post in thread 'Genesis 5'
https://habitat-talk.com/threads/genesis-5.13567/post-260028

In a nutshell - even if the steel framework of the light version was 1/2 the thickness of my HD version (and I assume framework thickness is the main difference between them), it would still be overbuilt from a functional and durability standpoint. Just no need to stress the tractor as much as the weight of HD version does.

^Thanks very much for the additional insight sir.

I have 2 tractors; a 65hp and a 120hp. Big tractor will definitely handle the HD; little tractor is right on the edge and I certainly appreciate points about the additional load stress. Having a unit both tractors will handle increases versatility especially in tight spots.