24d Residual?

SwampCat

5 year old buck +
I have some browntop millet headed out and dry. It has been inundated with crab grass and johnson grass I want to get rid of. There are also a few broadleaf. If I spray with combination gly and 24d, will I get any residual effect from the 24d that would keep seed off the millet from sprouting. I would like to plant wheat there in a month and a half. Would any residual effects damage the wheat planting?

Dove field?

Do you plant anything for ducks in your bottomlands?

bill

I have some browntop millet headed out and dry. It has been inundated with crab grass and johnson grass I want to get rid of. There are also a few broadleaf. If I spray with combination gly and 24d, will I get any residual effect from the 24d that would keep seed off the millet from sprouting. I would like to plant wheat there in a month and a half. Would any residual effects damage the wheat planting?
Assuming an application of a labelled rate of 2,4d you'll be fine. I always add the assumption about using the label rate because, one time, I mis-mixed 2,4d. Do you know? If you mix 2,4d heavy enough it will kill everything!

Do you plant anything for ducks in your bottomlands?

bill
Yes - depending on when conditions are right - chiwappa, japanese, or golden millet. Missed the chiwappa window because it was still standing water. Going to plant some jap in the next couple weeks.