2,4 D AMINE - Pay attention.

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
I REALIZE 2,4 DB is the product for use in clover plots. I also have used 2,4 D Amine on clover at a lower rate. It can set the clover back, but I don't recall the rate I used last. I think it was 1 qt per acre but don't recall. Anyone else just use 24D?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2-4 d amine, one quart per acre should nuke about anything. From memory I think 8 oz to a pint per acre for burndown is what I read when I used it prior to beans and it killed it all. I don't see clover surviving a quart. 16oz killed my clover plot when I turned one into a corn plot a few years ago.

Extension weed control recommendations in some states include the use of low rates of 2,4-D amine (1pt/A or less) on well established stands of perennial white clover to control/suppress many broadleaf weeds when they are less than 3 inches in height. (Consult with the local university extension office for local herbicide recommendations and rates.) To minimize clover injury, herbicides should be applied when clover is free from drought and heat stress.

Information from Pennington with regard to Durana. Never personally used it.

Thanks. I think both suggestions are correct. I have used Bentazon 4 recently, but it does not control every broadleaf weed that likes my plots only some. I have some raptor which is my favorite, but I have learned to not use it on anything you might reseed within 6 months.

I spray 2,4-D Amine on my lawn, oats, winter wheat, corn .... all at 1pt/acre rate. Clover gets set back, any where from 10-90% die back, but never 100% killed. For creeping charlie I go up to 1 qt/acre rate.

Need an education here. I have been looking at multiple products contains 2,4D. Butyrac 200 contains 25.9% of the active ingredient and cost a staggering $89.95 from Keystone for 2.5 gallons. De-Amine 4 contains 47.5% of the same active ingredient and costs $29 at Rural King for 2.5 gallons. 2,4D LV 6 contains 88.4% of the active ingredient and costs $74.95 for 2.5 gallons. Educate me, why would you not just pay less for a higher concentration and dilute it sufficiently to where you actually have Buytrac 200. For example, if treating smartweed Buytrac calls for 3 quarts per acre. That is approximately the same as 1.5 quarts of De-Amine 4 from Rural King? What am I missing if anything?

light rate gly knocks out the grasses and puts a good burn on other broadleaves for me, the clover knows it took a hit, but comes back. this type of risky spraying it is key not to double spray sections.

2,4-D is not the same as 2,4-DB (Butyrac200). 2,4-D comes in both the Amine and LV versions. One of the two is the ester(LV?), or oil base, which works better in hot dry conditions.... but can have strong vapors which can kill or injure surrounding plants/trees with only a light breeze. Learned the hard way.

I used 24d-Amine this year before planting soybeans to try to deal with Marestail. With this application you need to wait 2 weeks and drill not till beans. You are right that you need to make sure you read the label. Most of us get so used to using glyphosate that we forget that many herbicides have soil residual properties that can affect what you plant next.

Thanks,

Jack