160 Acres With Cabin in Palisade MN, Cheap!

M

MoBuckChaser

deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is quite a bit of low land in that area. Plus they didn't post aerial.

I'd be guessing also a lot of low land since they picture a 8-wheel drive amphibious off-road vehicle.

The argo in the ad probably says a lot. :)

I've seen a few nice parcels for $1000-1400 acre near menagha/staples/Bertha in that area.

Good deer area and mostly high ground

It'd be nice if they put a searchable location on it. That address doesn't pull up in maps.

Look up the address as:

26989 560th St
Palisade MN 56469

I looked it up on the Aitkin county website and it looks like the cabin is about a mile south of where google maps marks the address. Here is a link to the cabin on google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/46°47'51.3"N 93°25'23.1"W/@46.7965275,-93.4184324,1024m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

The wetlands per the county website are different shades of purple. Looks wet! Property is outlined in blue. The cabin is in the SE corner.

Palisade Property.JPG

Anyone want to grow wild rice? :D

I owned some lake property on Big Sandy lake near Pallisade at one time. There is ALLOT of swamp land for sale over in that area. I would not want to own deer property there. Hard to go anywhere without having at least one foot in a swamp.

A NICE property just a few miles west of Gull Lake near Pequot Lakes and Nisswa MN. 160 acres @ 1250/ acre. Mostly high ground. Blacktop road with County land at the back of the property. Trout stream....and appears to be mostly wooded land with good hardwoods. THAT is cheap around here! I may go have another look at it.....if the fog ever clears here.

Last edited:
I owned some lake property on Big Sandy lake near Pallisade at one time. There is ALLOT of swamp land for sale over in that area. I would not want to own deer property there. Hard to go anywhere without having at least one foot in a swamp.

A NICE property just a few miles west of Gull Lake near Pequot Lakes and Nisswa MN. 160 acres @ 1250/ acre. Mostly high ground. Blacktop road with County land at the back of the property. Trout stream....and appears to be mostly wooded land with good hardwoods. THAT is cheap around here! I may go have another look at it.....if the fog ever clears here.

I know there is a parcel for sale in the Crosslake refuge (bow hunting only). Anyone know much about that area? We have a cabin in our family on Roosevelt Lake (Outing), so I thought it would be something to look into. If I could find a nice parcel without gun hunters picking off every deer I have. I might sell something else and buy it?

The for-sale sign being included makes up for all the low land. Good deal fellas.

Class: LL
Acres: 160.000
Land Inclusions: For Sale Sign
Lot Description:
Topography: Level,Low Land,High Ground
Waterfront Type: Pond
Waterfront Name:
Waterfront Feet: 0
Waterfront Slope:
Waterfront View:
Road Frontage: None
Out Buildings: Other
Fence: None
Available Utilities: None
On Site Utilities: None

I know there is a parcel for sale in the Crosslake refuge (bow hunting only). Anyone know much about that area? We have a cabin in our family on Roosevelt Lake (Outing), so I thought it would be something to look into. If I could find a nice parcel without gun hunters picking off every deer I have. I might sell something else and buy it?

Its about 7 miles from my cabin and it does get hunted. I see trucks parked along the entrances. Other than that I am not allot of help. The cross lake area south towards Pelican Lake and all the way to Brainerd has allot of demand for parcels of land.

I hunted about 10 miles south of Cross lake by the river for a couple of years with a multi-family group and one thing about that area it seemed all the bucks were basket racks.

Some of the hunting along the river there is pretty good.....from what I have been told. But the prices are crazy and the parcels are generally quite small. I did see that parcel by the refuge.....and it looked pretty good.

Just ten miles west and about 3 miles south is that parcel I have noted above. It sure looks good to me.....and the price is right. Somebody is going to find a good deal there.....IMO.

I've seen some good land go up for sale just east of Emily. Some quite sizable tracts....and fair prices. Some is largely wetland. That gets a bit far away for me.....but I like the wilderness aspects of some of that land. The thing is....the deer number are generally better when closer to civilization.

It seems to me that there is a big drop in deer numbers somewhere around that Emily area. It looks pretty tough just a bit further north where I was partridge hunting last fall.

Sometimes too many...
Most times too many...that is why the huge disparity in the opinions of folks in MN. So many think because they see 10 deer a day in their back yard, it is that way everywhere, and you won't convince them otherwise.

It seems to me that there is a big drop in deer numbers somewhere around that Emily area. It looks pretty tough just a bit further north where I was partridge hunting last fall.

Yep.....I think the lack of ag-land and wolves, coyotes and bears keep the deer thinned out a bit in this area. Lots of hunting pressure too where there is access.

I think a spot like this Palisade property could be worth it for <$500 an acre. Even with wolves and bears around I like the isolation of it. Not as many bucks around but I am guessing they could get some age on them. The surrounding landowners all own 100s of acres and the land to the west is blocked off by the river which should limit pressure. If it had some dryer spots for bedding in the swamp it might not be too bad. I hope the argo would be included. The spruce and tamarack bogs to the south and east are state land of at least 1,500 acres and it looks like they would have limited access as well. The old wild rice fields to the south and east are being converted back to wetlands and it is 1,000s of acres. Here is a link to that project:
http://www.ecosystempartners.com/mississippimitigationbank