Properties listed with unapproved Parcel split and easement

Wind Gypsy

5 year old buck +
A property got listed yesterday that i'm interested in. It is 38 acres split off of a 55 acre parcel with house. The agent says the split needs to be approved by the county and the easement has not been finalized yet. The property is priced well.

What would you do to cover your ass on any offers in regards to this land split/easement situation? Offer contingent on survey, accepted parcel split, and easement creation?

I looked at a property once with which had an easement however, you couldn’t use it for access as there was a creek to cross. You’d have to build a bridge! LOL. So I would look at if it’s a good access easement or not. Also sometimes with an easement on a split parcel the owner puts in lifetime use or life use. So I would also look for that. Personally I would look at no easements at all. If it’s split off I’d want to own the access No easements.

They sent a proposed parcel, i believe the idea is to just have a 33' wide path to the road as part of the parcel. I think i'm comfortable with the whole concept now having spoke with the agent more.

Weird part is on the north boundary there is a 30' wide easement for a neighbor to access their land and even though it is on this parcel, it is for the neighbors sole use.. which i found weird being as it's on the land i'm interested in.

Not sure what your plans are too but sometimes easements are just for vehicle access. If you ever plan to build something the easement may not include utility access.

Bought a place with an easement. The property owner made the easement impassable. He also was prompt in offering it to me for sale....I jumped, we both won.

I will never own any land without owning the easement. Your going to end up paying lawyer fees regularly. Been involved with easements on two different properties. What a pain. And don't expect the county to arrest anyone who plows out the survey pins. The DA said civil case and the court will never bring your case to trial.