All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1200 gallon molasses tank blinde

willy

5 year old buck +
Here is a blind I made from a 1200 gallon tank that previously was used for holding molasses at a feed mixing company.

I have a little over 200 in it. The vast majority of items needed to complete it were repurposed from waste from other projects/jobs. The windows are vertical sliders that follow the groove of he composite decking, pulled up by a string/paracord pulley system. The window frame are 24x18".

It is a 64" diameter circle outside to outside. It is tucked into a fenceline that consists of a windrow of osage and other trees removed about 11 years ago for the food plot and fruit trees it overlooks. It has almost a fool proof exit and entrance route.

Looking forward to seeing what come from this blind in the following years.

I made another like this but out of a 2000 gallon tank a couple years ago. I find these on craigslist or a local outdoor forum.blind1.jpgblind7.jpgblind 6.jpgblind3.jpg

I bet it smells great while hunting!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice repurpose I like it...and it has to smell good!

That’s cool.

The first thing I did when I got the tank home was I power washed it and lt it sit in hot sun for several weeks. When I got the blind completed I put my ozone generator in it for a few hours. I can't smell anything but my sniffer aint very good my cousin who helped me put it in place said it smelled like a dog. :) We shall see

Now THAT"S a Redneck blind! Great job

Nicely done!

VV

How do you secure the window framing?

Weedy, I just screw through the window frame into the tank and then grind off the screws on outside. They are rock solid, no movement. I then caulk inside and out. If I push on the frames it just pushes in the who