YouTube hunting/habitat channels in 2024

A channel that I just came across last week is The Hunting Pressure. They seem to exclusively bow hunt from the ground in Northern Plains states. They are apparently from Michigan. As far as I can tell, they have zero sponsors and pretty much make fun of modern trends from other hunting YouTubers the whole time while crushing it. I think they're hilarious but others might find some of their "dude bro" chatter being too much.

Northern Forest Whitetail

The guy lives and hunts in wolf-filled northern MN. I just found it a few weeks ago and have watched some videos. Seems to be focused on habitat more than hunting. He hunts big woods public just like I do. Same goes for Dale Streubel (buckman), only he is in northern WI.

Northern Forest Whitetail

The guy lives and hunts in wolf-filled northern MN. I just found it a few weeks ago and have watched some videos. Seems to be focused on habitat more than hunting. He hunts big woods public just like I do. Same goes for Dale Streubel (buckman), only he is in northern WI.

Don't you hunt your private piece of ground you do all that work on?

Don't you hunt your private piece of ground you do all that work on?

I maybe hunt the private ground 25% of the time the last couple years. Last 3 years I have only really had time to hunt the third week of rifle season. Everything is complete over pressured by the time I show up so I settle for peace and quiet. Much better chance of finding peace and quiet on the public land. I put on a lot of miles just slowly walking, finding new areas and seeing new things. Found a couple great bedrooms the last few years. I'd be more inclined to hunt the private if it was quieter and less pressured. The solitude and quietness of the woods is so important to me after a brutal 8-9 months of work. I could really give a shit less about killing a deer anymore. I just want to be left alone.

I could have missed it on the previous pages but another to add to the list is Whitetail Evolution LLC

I maybe hunt the private ground 25% of the time the last couple years. Last 3 years I have only really had time to hunt the third week of rifle season. Everything is complete over pressured by the time I show up so I settle for peace and quiet. Much better chance of finding peace and quiet on the public land. I put on a lot of miles just slowly walking, finding new areas and seeing new things. Found a couple great bedrooms the last few years. I'd be more inclined to hunt the private if it was quieter and less pressured. The solitude and quietness of the woods is so important to me after a brutal 8-9 months of work. I could really give a shit less about killing a deer anymore. I just want to be left alone.

I feel the same way about it up in N. MN. Half the fun is covering ground and exploring the vastness. More interesting than sitting in the same spots on your parcel.

Last edited:
I feel the same way about it up in N. MN. Half the fun is covering ground and exploring the vastness. More interesting that sitting in the same spots on your parcel.
Kind of getting sidetracked from the thread, but that is just what I like about hunting public land too. I feel like I can gain some woodsmanship skills easier on public. Also, the stakes are lower for learning how to bowhunt from the ground, for example.

Kind of getting sidetracked from the thread, but that is just what I like about hunting public land too. I feel like I can gain some woodsmanship skills easier on public. Also, the stakes are lower for learning how to bowhunt from the ground, for example.

I have a love/hate with public land. I’ve sat 5 times and have yet to see a deer while hunting. I do like being able to move around and look at different spots, do some good old fashioned scouting of a different area or check on ones I’ve only seen once or twice in the past. I did jump a decent 8 point a week or so ago in an area that would be real difficult to hunt, and thats why he was in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk