Your camera covered in snow

Bill

Administrator
This is what your camera sees when the sun is shining on it, it’s covered in snow and you manually trigger it.
Explains why I haven’t gotten any pics in a few days.

458FD8B0-6400-4C86-8F8C-2383C4694CD1.jpeg

Different camera, same story.

I do like manual trigger just to know my cameras are still there.

6E704DA4-3ECA-4D97-A01D-E7F51390BED2.jpeg

Good idea.
Might have to remove them in the spring so the birds don’t make nest on your camera under that nice roof.

Good point. I guess I'll find out if they like to sit on the cam while it's snowing as well.

Good point. I guess I'll find out if they like to sit on the cam while it's snowing as well.

I only thought of it because they do that under the roof of my side door every year

I’m sure whatever you missed was a giant !!

So far mine is working.
Second picture is a different camera. The antenna doesn't bend over so the cover is up higher than I'd prefer, but it still gets plenty of coverage.

T_00001_20220215_065210.JPG20220214_111229.JPG

Cool!
Hope I'm wrong on the birds

I'm the type that would just leave them be if they did decide to build a nest on the cam. Could actually get some interesting pics if the lens doesn't get covered with nest material or...crap.

With the snow today I was reminded of this thread and my diy covers. Here's a video I took last time I was checking cams.

I never did try that. Need to.

Would something like that also work to keep the dew,frost,etc from screwing up pics ?

Would something like that also work to keep the dew,frost,etc from screwing up pics ?

I think it helps a little. I've still gotten foggy pics from the humidity/moisture in the air but it does protect against the drizzle/mist that can fog up and even freeze on the lens.

Snow? What is this white stuff y’all speak of? Lol

That is way too much of that. 1-2” a year is plenty. Don’t know how y’all tolerate that much of that stuff.

Snow? What is this white stuff y’all speak of? Lol

That is way too much of that. 1-2” a year is plenty. Don’t know how y’all tolerate that much of that stuff.

I actually miss it when Spring comes.