You didn't build this.....

foggy

5 year old buck +
I believe I was among the first of the participants on this site.....and watched it grow. Thanks for a place to hang out! Mostly great folks here....and we have solved most of our own problems in one fashion or another.

Some of my favorite posters have recently been reprimanded......and their ability to continue here has been curtailed, and/or banned from further participation. That is a shame.....as those guys are the ones that have built this site to what it is today.

Yep, you may own it and the content....but these are the guys that made this place tick. Sure, they are not perfect.....and sometimes the language gets a bit salty. If you speak your mind enough....someone will take exception to your views. Thats OK IMO.....as You gotta break a few eggs if your gonna bake a cake. We all have been around long enough to know life gets testy at times if you take a position....so be it.

Largely tho....these guys express some interesting concepts and have loads of knowledge and bold ideas on topics of interest to deer and habitat junkies. These guys are the best anywhere...have loads of knowledge.....and have become my friends.

Gonna be hard for this site to continue.....if when things get a little controversial or someone makes an off the wall comment ....that their positions are compromised, edited, censored, banned or otherwise diminished. (pick a term)

These are the guys that have made this site great and it would not exist if not for their participation.....IMHO. I resent that site management has taken a position to stifle their views. Just sayin. :)

Yup, it kind of sucks. I think I must have missed something though because I really didn't see anything that I would consider vulgar or out of line posted. I guess at this point that's neither here nor there. I was pretty happy a few years back when I stumbled on the QDMA forum and found out that there are a bunch of people that like the habitat stuff as much or more than I do. Then that went south when that site kind of screwed over the MN guys, but then it was great when this site started up. Hopefully everyone else can stick around here since I think a lot of people here enjoy the content on this site.

I don't personally know anyone on the site, so if there's another forum that the banned MN guys migrate towards to discuss the MN deer issue it would be nice to hear where those discussions are taking place.

Now, I see the below at some of my posts?? WTF?? Go fish! I'll tell you where you can put my "privileges".....

"(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"

Foggy,

Everyone is going to land on one side of this dispute or the other (or not know anything about it and not care).

I'm sorry it came to this for some, but it's the decision I made and I stick by that decision.

I went as far as to offer to have a phone discussion to reach some understanding and was told that wasn't necessary because I was a liar.

That's when I made the decision to remove some people from the forum. I honestly didn't see any other way to handle it. Anyone that knows me personally knows I'm the furthest thing from a liar. I don't expect everyone to believe that, they can draw their own conclusions. I know who I am and how I treat other people. That's enough for me.

I don't expect you to see it from my side, I only hope you'll respect my decision.

Thanks,

-John

Now, I see the below at some of my posts?? WTF?? Go fish! I'll tell you where you can put my "privileges".....

"(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"

Foggy - can you post a screen shot of that????? I haven't changed any settings on the forum for months. Could it be the "Golden Rule" thread that I locked? The forum wouldn't let you post on that thread because it's locked.

Thanks,

-John

Ya I just tried to reply to the golden rule . And it says I don't have privlages to do so. I think it's a auto thing when a thread is Locked

Hell I've seen lots o threads locked at the other Q site. This is the second I've seen here. So I'm not freaking yet.

I'm sure folks went away but I hope they return. We got a good thing going here.

Trying to curtail the freedom of speech is a slippery slope. Doesn't all of this boil down to that? Some people do not want some other people saying "some" things. It is the internet. There are far worse things found on the net than what you will see on a deer website.

So now we have banning and I'm sure others leaving in protest. When knowledge is subtracted from the group, this place has less value than what it had a week ago. What a shame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My $.02...

It takes a lot to get banned from an internet forum. And 99% of the time the person who gets banned knowingly acted in such a manner that a reasonable person would expect to be banned if they acted that way. Someone who continously uses vulgar language or attacks others members in an unprovoked manner is sure to get the boot on any forum. It doesn't appear that is the case here. The other sure way to get the boot is to purposely defy the forum rules and/or push and push the forum administrators. It's sad that this forum is likely going to lose some great resources and personalities but I feel that just like what happened on the QDMA forum, the persons who were banned had to know what the reaction to their actions were going to be. To those considering leaving here to "protest" or maybe better said "follow" certain persons, best of luck to you. Just don't get to comfortable at the next stop because it may not be long before the pack starts looking for the greener grass once again.

With that being said I have no problem admitting that I came to this forum in large part because of the small group of quality members that had relocated here from the QDMA forum. I had grown familiar with them over there and recognized that not only were many of us from the same geographical area (upper midwest), but that they were very knowledgable and willing to help out. I never totally left the QDMA forum because I personally don't have anything against that forum other than the fact that the content which interests me fell off the table over the years. Had the content over there remained interesting to me, I likely would have never migrated over here. I for one hope that this forum lands on it's feet after all the DRAMA ends because this place feels like home. Yes we will suffer the loss of some great members but the roster here is still top notch and shall continue to improve over time. As long as the content here remains interesting to me you will know where to find me. If not I guess I'll see you on the other side.

Thank You John for establishing and maintaining this place, hopefully your calls here don't bite you too hard and this place keeps trucking.

I don't know what happened, or who said what. I didn't notice anything I would consider offensive, but I don't read every thread. I can only say that this forum has been a SUPER SOURCE of good info about everything habitat-related. And it's from guys that have tried them, grown them, planted them, seen the results and reported those results. What a shame if this place goes down the toilet. I - for one - hope that doesn't happen. I've enjoyed the postings of all the guys on here and have learned a great deal from them. Hopefully I've been of some help to others on here by sharing what I've learned and experienced myself.

I hope that whatever needs mending gets mended, and differences get handled in a manner that proves us to be MEN - not juveniles. This forum is too valuable to let it sink into name-calling & lashing out.

I came here from the QDMA forum because the fruit info sucked over there once these guys came here. Its exploded from there, habitat talk has been my home for 2 years now since it was created. I'm still pissed at that stupid Golden Rule thread. I think Dipper is the most abrasiveness person here but yet I tolerate him quite easily.

I like reading whats goin on in the hunting world in other states, like the WI handling of cwd now that it is confirmed in MI. Personally I will go to another forum to keep contact with these MN guys because I just feel like they know quite a lot, I find their humor amusing. I'm not easily offended like it seems apparently at least handful of folks are here to continuously push John to the brink of doing what he felt he had too.

As I stated in John's thread, I appreciate this place, I will continue to be a member here but I'm sorely disappointed in the facet in which it came about.

Thanks for everything you do John. You don't have an easy gig.
Some people thought they owned this site, and they didn't appreciate or RESPECT your position.

Some people thought they owned this site, and they didn't appreciate or RESPECT your position.

So they were right, Dippers motives won...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually Dipper.....it's YOU that gets no respect. John's has been diminished as a result of responding to your whining....but you lost yours long ago. Somehow....I don't think you will be welcome at the new site. Enjoy this one. Adios.

they got booted for being egomaniacs and messing with John. It's narrow minded to think it had something to do with me. They chose to push the limits with John. We can label that as we wish.
Or I just didn't realize that I have that much influence. ;) I wave me wand and people disappear haha!
You mn boys really need to get over your tears.

they got booted for being egomaniacs and messing with John. It's narrow minded to think it had something to do with me. They chose to push the limits with John. We can label that as we wish.
Or I just didn't realize that I have that much influence. ;) I wave me wand and people disappear haha!
You mn boys really need to get over your tears.
They're gone and your still bashing them and lumping everyone from MN as a crybaby. How petty and shallow.

• John, if Dipper is able to bash all Mn. people, what else does it take to be banned. I am insulted by him personally. If he knew me I could understand his statements. For this if I get banned, adios!

If anyone knows where these guys end up - please PM me here or otherwise as I would like to stay in touch with them. I very much so value their opinions - even if it ruffled feathers once in a while.

How's everyone enjoying the Dipster Dumpster Fire?!? Lovely eh!:rolleyes: