Wisconsin poachers in the news

Just warms the heart when D-bags get caught. Hopefully the system throws everything they can at them. Is burning them at the stake too much for the prosecution to ask for? There are a few things that really get me fired up. Poaching is one of them - can you tell?

Selfish sockcuckers. Pisses me off when people do as they please and acting as if affects no one. Give Adrian Petersen a switch on bad day to straighten the guys out. Go Vikes.

Since they were mostly antlerless deer, the judge should take a page from the way it is dealt with in Europe. They should be charged with the fawns deaths and the deaths of all the fawns that those fawns would have birthed, based on state fawning rate averages and taking into account the average lifespan of all those deer. They do that type of stuff in some European countries to this day.

2015 brings electronic poaching, i mean registration for all. Love how the Dnr felt this could hinder rebuilding the herd but not the 10,000 doe dumped in the no doe tag north. Talk about BS

You think you got it bad - harvest is the only number MN has, and even though the CO's recognize the ease of cheating the system our DNR claims our harvest data is second to none.

The fudge will roll.

Probably passing kids tags. I thought youth hunters could still buy doe tags in Buck only zones.

They are given free doe tags until 18. I can give you 10,000 reasons why this will end this year.

I hope it changes this year. The 10,000 does that were shot, I'm guessing 10-15% were actually shot by youth hunters.

This sucks. Has anyone seen the names? I know a few from that area that it could have been. If it is them they have been suspected of doing this for years. I hope they get the book thrown at them.

Loose Lips Sink Ships :p. F these guys

Maybe the Ripley manager will send those guys an invite to next year's Riply hunt. Seems like they'd get along well.

Boil it down - poaching is STEALING. From all ethical hunters.

Perfect.....Amish.....figures.

I'll bet Melvin Mullet is related to Joe Dirt ...:)

You bet...Yoder and Borntrager...are dead giveaways in our Amish communities. The spellings vary a bit, I have seen Borntreager spelled with the "e".

I lived in Thorp for 20+ years. Lublin is not far away. I don't know any of them personally but those are all Mennonites names, about the same damn thing as Amish. There are 3 or 4 different varieties of Mennonites and as many different clans of Amish in that area. Some are old school no power, horse and buggy only. Some drive cars if the are black and don't have hub caps. Some will use a tractor for the PTO power and pull the tractor with a team of horses. Some have power some don't. A different bunch for sure. I hope they get the book thrown at them. It won't stop them or slow them down. I can think of a few ways I'd like to use and it would stop them.

some of the names were released.

Peery said Thursday that those cases involved Clem Shrock, Melvin Mullet and Perry Yoder, all of Gilman; Lester Lambright and Merlin Yoder, both of Lublin; and Neal Borntrager of Thorpe.
How did you find this info?

Unrelated, but I thought this headline was intriguing enough to give it a look. I would say "only in WI", but I know this would happen with a 1-legged redneck just about anywhere, in fact, I have met a couple from the deep south that would fit this description to a tee.o_O

Taylor man allegedly trying to outrun police loses fake leg
LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) -- A 47-year-old man allegedly trying to outrun deputies through western Wisconsin surrendered when he lost his prosthetic leg.
The La Crosse Tribune reports Thomas Fuselier fled when a Holmen officer tried to stop him for a defective brake light Tuesday.
The La Crosse County complaint filed Wednesday says speeds reached 80 miles an hour, with Fuselier at one point sticking his hand out to wave at officers.
The complaint says officers later found his car in a ditch and followed footprints into a wooded area and across a creek.
The complaint says a deputy found Fuselier on the ground because his prosthetic leg was stuck in a fence. Police found meth and a pipe in his car.
A message left for lawyer Eric Sanford was not immediately returned Thursday.