Wisconsin Elk seem to be doing well....

I love how they couldn't care less about the car being there. Almost like they used the headlights to light up the ring
13669.png

That's pretty sweet! We saw a couple right off the interstate near Black River in June. Bull and a cow.

What an event to witness.

Good to see that there are a few good ones up there.

My cabin is about 30 miles from there, and my brother lives about 15 miles from there. They are on the border of wolf country, and that was some of the issues with the elk before, was the wolves killed all of the young. SO they had a new release last year of a few adults, hopefully they take this time, it would be cool to see an elk while hunting.

When I first bought my land in 2002, there were reports of an elk in our neighborhood, I never saw it, but I think it would have been awesome to see. I am still holding up hopes someday I will see one in the woods.

Pretty expensive "pets"

A good friend invited me up to Millston to hunt turkeys this past spring (our 3rd time in as many years). His family owns about 100 acres and had been getting trail cam pics, on their property, but hadn't seen them with their own eyes but we did. We took some PICS and called the owner while we watched them. Here's a couple of PICS, be advised we had some rain and snow coming down. They were between 75 and 100 yards from us. Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0815.JPG
    IMG_0815.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 25