Wisconsin buck season closed and Antlerless ONLY DEC 7-10

Red Picqua

5 year old buck +
I just looked at the regs.. Wisconsin has a Antlerless only by ANY means from Dec 7-10 statewide if you have a valid tag. So.. Archery season is closed for bucks starting on Dec. 7-10. I had to read it twice.. I looked at the regs for the past two seasons and it was NOT like that at ALL. I have a feeling that there are going to be a ton of hunters who don't know this.

did anyone else catch it?

I just looked at the regs.. Wisconsin has a Antlerless only by ANY means from Dec 7-10 statewide if you have a valid tag. So.. Archery season is closed for bucks starting on Dec. 7-10. I had to read it twice.. I looked at the regs for the past two seasons and it was NOT like that at ALL. I have a feeling that there are going to be a ton of hunters who don't know this.

did anyone else catch it?

I believe it has been like this the past few years. I mean, not too many archers are going to bow hunt with 50% blaze orange on.

Well, it’s 50% of your upperbody in orange. But yeah only diehards would attempt it.

I will be out there looking for a big doe. I try to wait until this season to shot a doe. Bow is sacred and the 9 day gun season is enough of a free for all. It's the Holiday Hunt Dec. 24 - January 1st I don't really like. A bit to much in my opinion.

I don't recall the "buck" season to be closed for a few days. i want to make sure I restate the obvious. YOU CAN'T KILL A BUCK BETWEEN DEC 7 - DEC 10. ONLY DOES. You can break out the rifles if you choose but does ONLY. Why take your bow when you could take your rifle?

I don't see the big deal with the orange. Every year I bow hunt several days because youth season is in in Missouri wearing orange. I killed one of my biggest bucks that way, actually. The turkeys are the only ones that seem to care.

In Grant and Iowa county the buck season has been closed every year during doe season.