wildgame inovation trail cameas

northernpotter

5 year old buck +
Are they any good ? I heard all the negative about the , just wondering about the cameras. Good or bad reviews wanted. thanks.

Good for what? Just to get an idea of what is out there? Most of the low end cameras come from a few Chinese factories packaged and branded differently. Most have slow trigger speeds, wide short PIRs, are very unreliable with poor quality control and a short lifespan. Most take pretty darn good pictures. For most folks who just want to get an idea of what is out there, little of this matters.

Brand and model don't mean much with cameras in this class. A camera may have the same model number as last year, look the same, and have different components inside the box.

I'd say first figure out what your application is and what is important to you. I'd then pose questions more like "This is what is important to me in a game came and my application is X. Any suggestions on what cams to try or avoid for this?". I'd pose them over on Chasingame.com While there are some very knowledgeable guys here on specific cameras or systems, there are far more camera users on that forum. This will give you a greater diversity of views from folks who have used particular cameras recently.

Thanks,

Jack

I use them. They're cheap and serve their purpose well enough. I do get plenty of pictures of nothing and the night time pictures aren't great but I don't worry about them either. It'd be nice to have some really good cameras I guess but I have five of them that get rotated around a little bit. Three of them are their cheapest models (terra 5) and have been left out for a year now and they still work. They do kind of eat batteries on video mode.

I bought their cheap one a year ago at menards. Decent enough daytime pics and video, though i do get pics of nothing, and some pics where just the butt of the deer is left in the pic. Night time pics are pretty bad with very short range. And mine just died a week ago.

Tempting to pick them up at such a cheap price, but I'll pass from now on. Had a pair of moultries go bad on me too. Thing I'll start saving up for a reconyx.

I tried a few different ones early on. All were returned as junk.

I owned one and it lasted about a month after the warranty expired. I would put the money towards a better camera if I had it to do over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all depends I think on what model you have or plan to get

I have had some that ran 24-7/365 for 3+ yrs problem free, and had actually rather fast trigger speeds and decent pic's to boot
I have also had some that sucked from day one?
I tend to pick them up at clearance sales at wally world , where I buy them for like 25 bucks each, so, I roll the dice at that price
one thing I will also say on a positive side of things, well sort of LOL

if on all cam's that dies in a few months or had issue's I emailed the company, and they just sent me NEW free camera, Never even replied to my emails(I included my address in email LOL)
to date they have sent me 4 free cam's Maybe 5
BUT they are always OLD stock, and well, half of them SUCKED poor lowest entry model cam's on half, others were decent cam's still working today!
but I do give them credit for JUST replacing the cam with a new one, NO questions asked
I sort of think they give you a new cam , with what ever they have handy, and they seem to have a LOT of old stock laying about, last yr they sent me a brand new cam that was from I think 2009 or so?? brand new sealed plastic molded packing?
so, again, like all CHEAP cam's
there hit and miss , like pic of the liter, some work great, some don't?

If you don't like the people....why support them by buying their product?