WI HUNTERS: Which antlerless tag will you be purchasing this year?

WI HUNTERS: Which antlerless tag will you be purchasing this year?

• Forest Zone Public Land

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Farmland Zone Public Land

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bueller

fyi, the poll is setup so that you can choose more than one selection

I choose none, mainly because it will be a futile effort to obtain the tag I am looking for in the Zone where I hunt. Besides that, I will just use the freebie tag during the extra week of firearm season in the LaCrosse Metro Zone if I want some venison.

Farmland zone private land.

Central Farmland private

If I see an adult doe I would consider shooting it. There are plenty around the area I hunt.

Central Farmland private

If I see an adult doe I would consider shooting it. There are plenty around the area I hunt.
Remember you still get your freebie tag that is valid for all the Farmland Zones this season, so unless you wanted to shoot an additional antlerless deer, you will still have one doe tag to start with.

I choose none, mainly because it will be a futile effort to obtain the tag I am looking for in the Zone where I hunt. Besides that, I will just use the freebie tag during the extra week of firearm season in the LaCrosse Metro Zone if I want some venison.
Whip, if you decide to try for a public land tag in Juneau County Forest Zone purchase your license ahead of time. That way when you log on at 10am you can fly through the process a little it quicker. I've done this in the past when tags were low and received one of the first dozen or so tags issued in a year where they sold out fast.

Thanks, bueller! I really didn't think about that, but it makes perfect sense to do it that way. Maybe have a better chance at least. Maybe I will do that with my daughters license, so she can get the doe tag.

Good point Nofo, since I haven't hunted with a bow for going on 18 years, I didn't even think about that.