Who Shot a Deer in 2013 with a Lever Action?

sandbur

5 year old buck +
At what distance? Savage, Winchester, or Marlin?

who even hunted with one?

Marlin 30-30, 170 grain core lokt, 4x fixed power scope, 80 yard running shot, less than 50 yard recovery.

I have a Marlin lever action chambered in 357 and another in 44 mag. Both wear peep sights.....and both are good shooters. I aways WANT to take them into the blind.....but sure as spit.....if I do I will see the buck of my dreams standing out there at 150 yards......and I will shoot him in the fanny. So..... I resist. :D

Last time I fired a lever gun was in about '88-'89. Winchester Model 94 .32 Special. Belonged to my uncle. That did just make me think about something though, I have never fired a lever gun at game of any type.

I use a marlin 30-30 lever. I didn't shoot a deer last year.

I missed a chance at taking one with my Marlin 45 70. Thought about taking it in the morning but was headed to a spot with some looong shots possible so the 270 came out to play. Turned out a buck came in from behind cover to within 40 yds when he stepped into the clear. sure would have liked to give him a bark from the marlin. Hand loads with the combined muzzle energy of 10 rounds of NYPD 9mm.

As it came, brand new. I put a nice bullet drop scope on it made for the gun.

2012-07-05_13-42-14_425.jpg

hand loads
20130114_165929_zps2454113c.jpg

Nice gun mikmaze, that's what we use bear hunting, puts em down fast and easy too carry in the bush.

So I'm the only one here that shot a deer with a levergun last year ??? :)

Funny part is that based on this alone I'd bet most that don't know my age probably think I'm in my 60's. :p

I shot one with a Canadian Centennial Winchester 30-30 carbine. It was only 40 yards but a lot of fun with iron sights. I shot a does with a 30-06, 243 and the 30-30. I was trying to get one with the muzzleloader to complete my quest to use every gun in the cabinet!

Carried a Savage 99 a few times. Passed on some deer with it....does that count?

I started out hunting with a lever action 30-30 and 32 special but never shot a deer with one. Shots were fired when I was 12-13 years old, and looking back hope that I never wounded them and couldn't find blood :oops:. I did a lot of hunting on my own at that time which wasn't exactly legal but it was good experience in the woods for me.

I have been thinking about practicing with that 32 special and getting out in the woods with it now.

I have shot deer with my .30-30.....but not last year...and its actually not a lever gun. Winchester Model 54 mauser style bolt action. Was my grandfather's first deer rifle, my dad's first deer rifle, my first deer rifle, and it will be my son's first deer rifle!

20140309_092233_resized_2.jpg Never hunted with a lever action but may have to try it as I won a 30-30 lever action at a NWTF banquet in March. Check out this bad boy.:D

Now that is unlike any levergun I've ever seen :eek:

View attachment 117 Never hunted with a lever action but may have to try it as I won a 30-30 lever action at a NWTF banquet in March. Check out this bad boy.:D

Wow!....that is an unusual piece. o_O Western assault rifle all the way. :D

Looks like a winchester action.....but who makes the conversion? Interesting.

Now that is unlike any levergun I've ever seen :eek:

From what I can see it will be very safe functional gun. It has a adjustable stock, flash suppresor and a thumb saftey.

Wow!....that is an unusual piece. o_O Western assault rifle all the way. :D

Looks like a winchester action.....but who makes the conversion? Interesting.

It is made by Mossberg. Completely stock no conversion.

Thanks.....I guess that is one gun that I never read about. :confused: Not sure how that slipped by me. Looks like a useful gun for so many purposes. I think it would be fun to play with. If you want to sell it.....let me know by PM.

pretty tacti-cool...lol