Whitetail Properties affecting Land Values

Getting a 150 requires passing the 120's.
But...but...the neighbors will just shoot it anyway?!?o_O :rolleyes: I love these types of guys, they crack me up, especially when they own a 100+ acres and can't lay off the trigger. That said, now that I will be hunting strictly public land for the 9 day invasion of the orange army, it will be hard, but I will most likely be shooting that 120" myself if it is the only deer I see. Without having harvested a deer over the past 3 seasons, I am ready for some venison. Hopefully I can shoot a doe here in La Crosse Co. where the herd is in good shape, so I can let the smaller bucks and does walk back in Juneau Co.

7%??? Most other agents in my area are either 5% or 6% commission.

Define rough?
low turnout and sold 120 acre with pretty nice cabin for $295k I think it went way low. Like the old saying goes "something is only worth as much as someone else will pay" I guess. Non hunter bought it just a place to park some of their money.

Tim N. doesn't need my help advertising. He sells more property then WP ever has or will. Decades of experience in central Wisconsin. I simply posted his site as an example of a solid realtor who doesn't have celebrities or tv shows and gets top $$$ for land as well. Here's another realtor as well.
http://landandstreamproperties.com/
I agree, you can say whatever you about him, but he sells a lot of land and usually gets good money.

Tim N. doesn't need my help advertising. He sells more property then WP ever has or will. Decades of experience in central Wisconsin. I simply posted his site as an example of a solid realtor who doesn't have celebrities or tv shows and gets top $$$ for land as well. Here's another realtor as well.
http://landandstreamproperties.com/

November ... was asking critter chaser what he meant by "rough" ... he appeared to clear it up

I'm amazed that there are as many as there are out there with a 20% deposit for land purchases.

I'm always looking at farms to buy for the future and by far the best site to look at is Whitetail Properties. Easy to use and great features like being to look at not only photos but also aerial and satellite. I bet when the time comes I will use them to look at properties.

Good site for northern MN is: Landradar.com This site is the Close-Converse real estate group that is one of three agents selling the Potlatch timber company properties here in MN. Lots of timberland for sale....and it's been moving pretty slowly. Prices have drifted lower over the past few years. I see land from the $1000 / acre area....up to $3000 / acre if it gets near good lakes country or has other virtues. Location, Location, Location.

WP gets 7% most often, unless negotiations cuts that down.
I am not sure about elsewhere, but 7% is a premium here in western IL.

I just sold me farm last week through LandGuys. They got $5500 for selling my farm. A seller himself can get a great amount of exposure on their place with places like Landwatch, Craigslist, social, etc etc.

My experience with WP is that they are "too busy". Classic economics - lots of places to sell and nobody gets "special" attention. I bought my farm from WP, and got it at a DEAL because it was not marketed correctly (my opinion).

WP gets 7% most often, unless negotiations cuts that down.
I am not sure about elsewhere, but 7% is a premium here in western IL.

I just sold me farm last week through LandGuys. They got $5500 for selling my farm. A seller himself can get a great amount of exposure on their place with places like Landwatch, Craigslist, social, etc etc.

My experience with WP is that they are "too busy". Classic economics - lots of places to sell and nobody gets "special" attention. I bought my farm from WP, and got it at a DEAL because it was not marketed correctly (my opinion).

That happens more often than you think. I have found some super deals through, So Called "Real Estate Pro's"