When are we going to start talking about habitat again?

Habitat work ongoing here in Oklahoma...11514 hinging.jpg 2815 loblolly growth.jpg 12515 cedar in creek.jpg 21415 burn.jpg

More...21415 tractor.jpg 21415 drilling.jpg 21415 planted burn 2.jpg

Over 100 seedlings planted in that burn area between the plot and the fence. Persimmon, Fragrant Sumac, Chokecherry... trying for a screen. I left an area about 10 feet wide right next to the fence for Egyptian wheat to screen until trees/shrubs grow...

Last edited:
21515 dibble planting.jpg 21515 persimmon post hole.jpg Planted 50 more persimmons around the dozer piles up on our 80 next to a small plot...21515 plot-waterhole.jpg

Can't imagine planting tree in the middle of winter, that would be really nice.

Racks are still holding tight...153.JPG 130.JPG 359.JPG

BJE80 - do you just rifle hunt that plot? Most of my plots are starting to have some major deterents for random entry and exit. Seems if the deer can enter from anywhere they enter from anywhere. Ever consider blockading to make them abandon entry/exit on 2 sides or similar to make stand choices safer?

Sorry I didn't see this until now. I only rifle hunt the blind. Otherwise for bow hunting I put a pop up blind right where they always come through in a pinch point in the plot which you can't see as I got them pretty figured out now. Honestly I don't hunt over the plots much even during gun season. It still could be better for sure and I've hinged a bunch of areas to do just that. Those two pictures are two different plots. When I get logged and the plots expanded next year I will be doing some major blocking and changing.

Can't imagine planting tree in the middle of winter, that would be really nice.

I can't imagine even doing any habitat or treestand work in the middle of winter. Ugh.

Reactions: BOC
I can't imagine even doing any habitat or treestand work in the middle of winter. Ugh.
What? That's what God made snowshoes and gloves for!