When and where to purchase apple trees

ToddG

5 year old buck +
I would like to purchase 3 each of Enterprise, Liberty, and Goldrush for planting spring 2015 on the B118
rootstock. Where would be a good place to order these and when should I place the order. I know they sell out if you wait to long.
Thanks,

I'd recommend Cummins: http://www.cumminsnursery.com

I'd order now, but in any event no later than June to get their best stock.

I'm a big fan of Cummin's as well. They pretty much have the best selection of trees on B.118 rootstock around.

You can also check out Adams County Nursery, Burnt Ridge Nursery, Grandpa's Orchard, and Stark Brothers nursery as well.

Thanks. I'll shoot Cummin's an email.

I purchased mine in Feb. and pick up this weekend from Wolfrath's out of Hortonville, WI. Their deer candy apple trees are supposed to be good.

I purchased mine in Feb. and pick up this weekend from Wolfrath's out of Hortonville, WI. Their deer candy apple trees are supposed to be good.
BJE80, What did you get from Wolfraths? I'm thinking of getting the candy apple next spring.

BJE80, What did you get from Wolfraths? I'm thinking of getting the candy apple next spring.

Yes. I purchased:

2: Hunters Jewel
2 Dolgo Crab
2: Oct High
2: Haralson
2: Snow Sweet

I'm putting them in starting Friday.

I just ordered 9 Wild Crab Apples from Mossy Oak Nursery's and they said they would ship to me in late July and that it would be ok to plant them then if I water. Do you think they will survive the summer heat. Also, how far apart would you plant them.

I have thought about getting potted from Wolfraths and planting late summer as I'm not ready for them now. But I think I'd be better to wait till next spring and get bare root. What do you guys think?

I have thought about getting potted from Wolfraths and planting late summer as I'm not ready for them now. But I think I'd be better to wait till next spring and get bare root. What do you guys think?

Yeah, don't plant in summer, wait until the tree is dormant. Spring is best IMO. As soon as the frost is out is the best time.

Burnt ridge is who I went with. Their prices were the best of all the places CrazyEd mentioned above when I researched. I received my 10 trees about a month ago. They weren't much to look at initially but they are growing like crazy now!
I had a similiar order than yours except I added
arkansas black, an 2 asian pears. I bought a couple moonglow pears from lowes this spring to add to the orchard as well. Be careful this tree stuff is addicting;)
You may want to throw in a crab apple too