What weed is this?

Someday isle

5 year old buck +
Does anyone know what weed this is? It’s taken over my clover plots two years in a row. I sprayed it a couple weeks ago and then went back and got what I missed today. It’s a hearty plant and covers a lot of ground.
IMG_2806.jpeg

How do you control it? I sprayed it with Gly the last couple years but it’s apparently hard to get rid of.

Yep, Imox if in clover.

I've got that taking over my main garden. It's like a vine. The more you pull it the heavier it comes back. I'm leaving it alone at this point

For you guys who have successfully used IMOX to control smartweed - could you elaborate on your mix and method? Also do you do preemergent or postemergent?

How about a non chemical treatment? I really don't like to use chemicals on the gardens.

For you guys who have successfully used IMOX to control smartweed - could you elaborate on your mix and method? Also do you do preemergent or postemergent?
4-6oz/ acre with ams and surfactant. Spray it anytime. Know there is a month or so plantback interval for any grains or grasses. Can plant back legumes immediately.

How about a non chemical treatment? I really don't like to use chemicals on the gardens.
That’s a tough one. Best bet would be to plant rye and clover really thick and keep it suppressed. But seeds will stay in soil a long time so it will come back if really wet or in thin spots. Why ducks like it so much. The seeds.

Can also spot spray it with 2-4d or triclopyr.

4-6oz/ acre with ams and surfactant. Spray it anytime. Know there is a month or so plantback interval for any grains or grasses. Can plant back legumes immediately.
About how much water do you generally mix it in?

About how much water do you generally mix it in?
I usually base everything on about 20 gallons of water per acre. So 50 gallon sprayer about 2.5 acres. At 5oz/acre of imox would add 12.5oz. And ams and surfactant.

If using a 4 gallon backpack I just divide rate by 5. So 5oz/acre I would use 1oz of imox in backpack sprayer. Some ams and surfactant. I rarely measure those two anymore. Just throw some in.

That said If spot spraying you could just use gly instead of imox. Really only makes sense to use imox if broadcasting over the legumes.

2-4db is labeled for smartweed as well.

Does anyone know what weed this is? It’s taken over my clover plots two years in a row. I sprayed it a couple weeks ago and then went back and got what I missed today. It’s a hearty plant and covers a lot of ground.
View attachment 67339

Have u been tilling or spraying that ground each year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartweed is a low calcium/low phosphorus weed. When the soil goes brown, black, or gray, the P cycle is stopped, and in moves the ‘Don’t need P’ crowd.

Nobody likes a disrupted P cycle.

Smartweed is a low calcium/low phosphorus weed. When the soil goes brown, black, or gray, the P cycle is stopped, and in moves the ‘Don’t need P’ crowd.

Nobody likes a disrupted P cycle.

Ain’t nobody got time for that

Have u been tilling or spraying that ground each year?

I use a disc for my plots but my patches of clover haven’t been disced in a couple.