What new to you varieties of apples will you be harvesting this year?

sandbur

5 year old buck +
Khazak on a flowering crab has one apple.
3a1ea45c8697f0aef7f141bb0c90344a.jpg

I think it is 950804.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing for me yet. Just wood production. I mowed thru my upper orchard this week and am thrilled that all 20+ (23?) apple and pear trees in it are thriving.
Will you protect that single apple in a bag?

Nothing for me yet. Just wood production. I mowed thru my upper orchard this week and am thrilled that all 20+ (23?) apple and pear trees in it are thriving.
Will you protect that single apple in a bag?

I have not used bags and probably won’t.

Norland has a few apples. I have eaten Norland, but not from my own tree.
529eea28cb83c8338be4e5725a2ca26f.jpg

Yes, the reed canary there is over 8 feet tall.

Winter redflesh.
98aacb5ffec58df684432c0f9ae14fa9.jpg

Almata... all right, I confess that I had one apple last year.
9ecb3f6011033a2683e1e9c48682d899.jpg

Nova easy gro. I can’t remember an apple on it last year.
e67d35e740c68c36f085ffd91b668f39.jpg

Well if the squirrels, coon and bear don't get to them first I'll be tasting the following for the first time. Black Limbertwig, Red Royal Limbertwig, Kentucky Limbertwig, Kinnard's Choice, Terry Winter, Kaz PI 641000, Yates, Black Twig, Williams Pride, Winecrisp, Keener's Seedling and probably a few more I've forgotten.

Well if the squirrels, coon and bear don't get to them first I'll be tasting the following for the first time. Black Limbertwig, Red Royal Limbertwig, Kentucky Limbertwig, Kinnard's Choice, Terry Winter, Kaz PI 641000, Yates, Black Twig, Williams Pride, Winecrisp, Keener's Seedling and probably a few more I've forgotten.

I wish I was there to try those!

Wotanda is on a dolgo seedling and a flowering crab.
cacf0d930608071ab59bf7335b166a3e.jpg

Mantet.
5a676cf77bb4a15bb3f302111c23c9a2.jpg

Dakota Winter on a flowering crab.
05a2262bee38b78e50cee05896a8af88.jpg

Holy cow - you are in for a good time.

These are some I will try for the first time:

Freedom on 3rd leaf
HNL5tnJ.jpg

King David. Been in the ground for a few years in my yard. I didn't cage and it about lost its life from a rubbing. Healing up well and good crop this year.
7tcken0.jpg

Still in disbelief that I may get to try this apple. Old tree that has never done well. Apples always fall off, but this time it looks like some could make it. Winter King on MM111
ezgg7JK.jpg

A tree called Domine. Showing some CAR but making nice crop. Tree was damaged and just now recovering.
J28jbZm.jpg

Eliza's Choice Crab. Only topworked 2 years ago. I have already thinned this tree 3 times to keep it from breaking limbs.
W4v6kpV.jpg

These are some I will try for the first time:

Freedom on 3rd leaf
HNL5tnJ.jpg

King David. Been in the ground for a few years in my yard. I didn't cage and it about lost its life from a rubbing. Healing up well and good crop this year.
7tcken0.jpg

Still in disbelief that I may get to try this apple. Old tree that has never done well. Apples always fall off, but this time it looks like some could make it. Winter King on MM111
ezgg7JK.jpg

A tree called Domine. Showing some CAR but making nice crop. Tree was damaged and just now recovering.
J28jbZm.jpg

Eliza's Choice Crab. Only topworked 2 years ago. I have already thinned this tree 3 times to keep it from breaking limbs.
W4v6kpV.jpg

Native, your trees look great! Does the Eliza’s Choice Crab have good disease resistance? Looks like one I might want to add to my orchard.

Native, your trees look great! Does the Eliza’s Choice Crab have good disease resistance? Looks like one I might want to add to my orchard.

Thanks. I’ve seen no fireblight on it at all. I see only very minor CAR in one of the worst years I’ve seen. It looks like a winner so far. Only place to get it is Willis Orchard.

State Fair. Pic is from three weeks ago. Hoping the nasty winds we had Thursday didn't knock them all off, and the beetle invasion isn't eating them.

20190605_141648.jpg

I have fruit on a Morse Nova Scotia crab for the first time this year, planted last year as a 3 year old tree. From NWC I am letting a 10 point and 30-06 fruit for the first time, planted 2017 and pinched fruit off last year. Redfree planted last year as a 3 year old tree also fruited but I pinched them off.

Almata... all right, I confess that I had one apple last year.
9ecb3f6011033a2683e1e9c48682d899.jpg

I only had one grafted Almata branch. Winter injury killed it this year. Plan to try again next year.

I have my first All Winter Hangover, golden hornet, and Frostbite apples this year and first time more than 1 or two apples on some Kerr and Dolgo. For all my failures some results are finally coming.

I have my first All Winter Hangover, golden hornet, and Frostbite apples this year and first time more than 1 or two apples on some Kerr and Dolgo. For all my failures some results are finally coming.

That Golden Hornet must be more hardy than some ads show.

Mine is on dolgo and started producing at a young age and survived this last winter.

Glad to hear you have had success.

Chummer - Yep, it's good to hear you have some trees producing up there. You've had a battle with your fruit trees for sure. I hope they continue producing for you.

Gunfun13 - We have a Morse Nova Scotia crab at camp too. It has grown well for us. Ours has a few apples on it this year - if coons or crows or bears don't get them, I'd like to try one.