Weedy food plot magic

Weeds are the only thing that keeps my perennial clover from burning up every summer. Weeds shade the clover and many of the weeds are browsed by deer.

Weeds are the only thing that keeps my perennial clover from burning up every summer. Weeds shade the clover and many of the weeds are browsed by deer.
And many are not browsed. With my tool I can be selective and cut the useless ones while leaving the good ones. You can’t do that with a Bushhog.

Also, I don’t have a problem of plots burning up from the sun. But it is a problem to let unwanted weeds go to seed.

Beautiful! Looks exactly like most of my plots.

And many are not browsed. With my tool I can be selective and cut the useless ones while leaving the good ones. You can’t do that with a Bushhog.

Also, I don’t have a problem of plots burning up from the sun. But it is a problem to let unwanted weeds go to seed.
of considerable note also, for me, I still cant get my tractor to 2/3’s of my plots nor my SxS to half of them - too wet

Not the same as what you've got going Native as I haven't planted anything yet this yr. But it seems to be working well. These pics are from this evening. Plots were disced earlier this spring and let go to whatever wanted to come up.
3 rabbits in the top pic.
A bobcat.
And a couple of healthy looking mommas.
Screenshot_20240522_210746_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240522_211031_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240522_210812_Gallery.jpg

My rye and clover are doing their thing from last fall waiting until 4th of July to plant buckwheat and albert lea cc6 in my plots and then roller crimp them to build OM.

My rye and clover are doing their thing from last fall waiting until 4th of July to plant buckwheat and albert lea cc6 in my plots and then roller crimp them to build OM.
I like the looks of that mix!

Westwind. Cc6 looks amazing. I will keep you posted on how it does. I paid like $53 for 50 pounds delivered for cc6. If you use albert lea seeds find a dealer nearby and shipping is only $4 per bag. I believe SD turned me onto albert lea.

Albert Lea still hasn't shipped my soybeans that I ordered 4 weeks ago. Is this normal?

Tele I have no way of knowing but I would call them direct and if you used a dealer call them. Curious what price with shipping and how many pounds.

Tele I have no way of knowing but I would call them direct and if you used a dealer call them. Curious what price with shipping and how many pounds.

45 bucks for the seeds plus 45 bucks for the shipping. Plus a bit extra for a couple inoculants.

I will have to just call them and pay the overseas rate I guess.