Violi's Hanging crab-central leader?

I added another tie and adjusted the other ones a bit.

It amazes me how helpful people are on this site and how I can quickly get two pictures of a violi that was straightened out. Things are much different than 30 years ago when we could only go talk to an extension agent who tried to find some information .
Thanks!

I added another tie and adjusted the other ones a bit.

It amazes me how helpful people are on this site and how I can quickly get two pictures of a violi that was straightened out. Things are much different than 30 years ago when we could only go talk to an extension agent who tried to find some information .
Thanks!

It's funny you mention this. I remember Dad and I going to the local nursery about 35 years ago to get some apple trees for his hunting property. The plan was to plant them near my future deer blind, with the hope that they would draw some deer when I was old enough to gun hunt. We bought 2 in 5 gallon pots on unknown rootstock (likely M7 if I were to guess). I can't remember what varieties but I'm certain they weren't DR and of course had no idea if they would pollinate each other. I do remember walking them the long distance of an 80 through thick grass in early summer. We also took a shovel, and I believe one of those worthless white spiral rodent guard. We planted those 2 trees in a swale (which was a little damp in the fall and spring), after we managed to get through the grass and weeds. No weed control, no cage. We had pretty high hopes, though. Needless to say, by the time hunting season came around that first year, there was no sign any tree had ever been there. Not even a stick. We then went on for the next 15 years thinking apples were too hard to grow for wildlife. Enter the internet. Unbelievable amount of information right at your fingertips. A huge number of real life failures and successes complete with pictures for anyone that takes the time to look for them. We have now planted over 250 apple trees throughout my property and lost 1 or 2. We are beginning to have pretty good crops now as well. The abudance of information has also helped make deer habitat management a "thing". Without the internet, "deer habitat management" would be just a few really hardcore guys out experimenting in their woods. It makes me start feeling old when I realize the younger guys have no idea what it was like in the days before the digital age.