Venison Fahitas

foggy

5 year old buck +
Sliced some strips of steak last night when I was slicing more jerky meat. Marinated in sauce Stu recommended some time back. A little olive oil over a hot stove.....and some peppers onions and such. Wallah! mmmmmm......Very good eating.

Only problem was i expected to dine during the kickoff of the Vikings game......which is 7PM WEST Coast time. Duh. Still 1.5 hours till kickoff. :(

Last night I had grilled backstraps. Made some jerky last night and today......now Fahitas! Living Large! :D

Been out of venison about 20 months now. :(

Last Fall we had quite a bit of sausage made and lots of venison sticks. Then....put the cuts in the freezer and headed to AZ. Out of sight / out of mind. Never really got into the cuts till this summer.....and I am finally processing the jerky for this fall. Gonna make some of those fajitas or backstraps for dinner the night before rifle opener.....or the night of. Pretty tasty.

Last year I passed on all the deer I could've shot. The year before we lived on my venison because money was tight so it went fast.

Very nice Fogster.

I have my name on a list at McDonalds Meats in Clear Lake for venison that doesnt get picked up.

Last year we shot nothing. A couple months ago I received the call that they had venison that wasnt picked up and to choose what I wanted.

My freezer is full(well my small fridge freezer in the garage).
maple breakfast sausage, teriyaki stix, hot stix, wieners and summer sausage.

Some may think thats crazy to do that, but to be honest, I am pretty confident that when I bring in my meat I am not getting my meat back at most places after its all tossed in a big mixer.
It tastes just great to me.

Thielen's claims you get yours, but I'm sure there's some sausage that gets mingled between batches.

I cut some tenderloin into thin strips and added some packaged "taco seasoning" to it when I was cooking it. Toss in some normal fajita toppings of onions and peppers and some cheese and they where pretty awesome. The kids liked it as well. They have grown up on venison and think beef burgers "taste funny". I got a freezer to fill this year and I don't know if I have the deer population to do it. May have to spread out the demand a little bit this year and take a doe or two off my folks place.

Sliced some strips of steak last night when I was slicing more jerky meat. Marinated in sauce Stu recommended some time back. A little olive oil over a hot stove.....and some peppers onions and such. Wallah! mmmmmm......Very good eating.

Only problem was i expected to dine during the kickoff of the Vikings game......which is 7PM WEST Coast time. Duh. Still 1.5 hours till kickoff. :(

Last night I had grilled backstraps. Made some jerky last night and today......now Fahitas! Living Large! :D
Claude's !!!

Stu turned me on to that stuff too. It's fantastic.

Life is always better with a freezer full of venison. Good stuff.

I recall this Claudes discussion.... I must google....

Hmmmm. $5 for one bottle or $15 for 6...... Kinda a no brainer, but how many fajitas can I eat? :)

Hot and spicy BBQ is on my hit list too. Dang. I love specialty sauces. Without sauce, there is no meal is my motto.

I bought a quantity.....and gave some to my family. :)