Velvet Leave weed ID

Yarg

5 year old buck +
This was one of the first weeds to show up.. Was wondering what is its common name and how does it respond to glyphosphate, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20180518_075624821.jpg
    IMG_20180518_075624821.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 35
Directly underneath this weed is a prickly little weed I would like to know id that also thanks

Your big weed is mullein, and I would need to see the little one underneath better for a positive ID.

Gly is not one of the herbicides I commonly see recommended for mullein. Now that you know what it is, look on the Internet and you will see lots of recommended herbicide mixtures for it.

The little prickly one looks like the Canada thistle that invades my place. Gly kills it, but 24d destroys it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The small weed is definitely Canada Thistle. The crap is evil. I've had poor results spraying it with gly. Even with super strong mixtures. Yes, gly will top kill it but the extensive root system bounces back. It will eventually form a mono culture if you let it go.
I'm having my best luck killing it with Clopyralid3 and spray just before bud stage. I have not had as good results spraying thistle in the young rosette stage.
The other larger weed is mullein.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The small one is thistle of some sort. I like smacking the crap out of it with crossroad/crossbow...... That weed will grow fast and take over quickly and spread by the roots alone, so killing it ASAP is in your best interest.

Thanks!