Using no till drill without no till function

Yarg

5 year old buck +
I only have one set of hydraulics and the Truax 7512 requires two sets so I have the option of using the drill without putting down the no till. My soils are real fluffy and worked up well from the turnips and radishes from the fall just wondering if anyone has done this. thanks

Depends on what you are planting and the condition of your soil. In some cases, I've actually disconnected the tubes on my drill from the planting shoes and let them dangle for some seeds that don't require depth. The cultipacker just presses them into the soil. I wouldn't do this with soybeans or corn, but it works fine for clover and other small seed that surface broadcast well.

Thanks,

Jack

I am actually looking to plant soybeans someone said the no-till actually keeps the pressure off the seed discs and the seeds might go in better without the use of it, depending on soil conditions, so I think I might just try a test run otherwise I'll have to switch the hydraulic lines back and forth as I don't want to try messing with auxiliary hydraulics

I think you'll be fine. I use my JD 71 planter with no set up for no till but plant my bean and corn with it. It is heavy clay soil.

How will set the seed depth? I would think it's going to be all the way down and put your seed to deep.
Never tried so I don't know.

Looks like I won't have access to the drill till next week so I'm going to give it a try I will post how I make out. Thanks

I have a Great Plains and have only been around their models. What do the hydraulics do on a Truax 7512?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you intend to lower it? The Truax’s I’ve used had a clutch that prevented them from dropping seed while they were raised up.

Do you have a FEL? I’ve run drills of the htdraulics for them too, just need a set of 8’ hoses to make it reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Great Plains and have only been around their models. What do the hydraulics do on a Truax 7512?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1 set controls the no till the other set controls the seed discs...up and down

How do you intend to lower it? The Truax’s I’ve used had a clutch that prevented them from dropping seed while they were raised up.

Do you have a FEL? I’ve run drills of the htdraulics for them too, just need a set of 8’ hoses to make it reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not think of that..I'm going to look into that..thanks