Upland Bird Adventure

F6EAAF54-D786-402D-8B48-7FECCE16AE95.jpeg36EA7112-99FB-46B1-8C0F-55731A5C3C20.jpeg

Spent the last four days with my boys chasing birds, grouse were a little thin woodcock moved in while we were there, all of us got shooting.

Saw my first moose track in that area, saw too many wolf tracks and scat, crazy weather…hunted in a white out, kept spitting freezing drizzle and flat out poured for awhile turning to ice one afternoon.
Saw hundreds and hundreds of Sandhill cranes flying and on the ground, same with geese.

Had to up our game was very dry when we first started our adventure and had to shift around to find birds.
One morning we flat out hit it with woodcock, pretty much made the bird hunting end of the trip in an hour of busting brush. The dogs did great.

Was an awesome long weekend with my sons!

View attachment 46729View attachment 46730

Spent the last four days with my boys chasing birds, grouse were a little thin woodcock moved in while we were there, all of us got shooting.

Saw my first moose track in that area, saw too many wolf tracks and scat, crazy weather…hunted in a white out, kept spitting freezing drizzle and flat out poured for awhile turning to ice one afternoon.
Saw hundreds and hundreds of Sandhill cranes flying and on the ground, same with geese.

Had to up our game was very dry when we first started our adventure and had to shift around to find birds.
One morning we flat out hit it with woodcock, pretty much made the bird hunting end of the trip in an hour of busting brush. The dogs did great.

Was an awesome long weekend with my sons!
So awesome. Upland hunting is my favorite, and I have two boys also, although they are only 6 and 8. They still hunt with me though!

Great pics and time with your sons. Love the side by side...classic gun!

Looks like an amazing trip. I think woodcock is one of the best tasting game animals.

Great pics and time with your sons. Love the side by side...classic gun!

It is a fun little shotgun, points just like my SBE.
Had to pick my times to carry it, didn’t want it getting very wet so it only came out of the case twice. Balance on it is perfect.