TV - What to do....

Ok, what is a good brand and model of a digital antenna? I have a radio shack indoor antenna at my hunting place and it's not working all that well. I have been thinking about a large outdoor antenna. If somebody knows of a goof unit let me know.

I don't know. I bought an indoor one that is unreliable. Because I'm in a townhouse and didn't want to deal with trying to mount one on the roof and run the wires (if the association would even allow it). My plan is to buy an outdoor one, hang it in the garage and see if it works. I just haven't done it yet.

I'm only familiar with the smaller indoor ones as well, but the one I helped my daughter pick out could be hung on a wall or outside on a pole. We found it through some Internet research

Add Netflix and you'll be done then.
I don't have a good excuse for not doing it. I loved House of Cards 1 and 2. I'll get that done tonight. But for right now, Total Divas is on E.

Got cable at home but Dish network at the camp. They have a $5/mo deal for vacation houses and when you're not there. I use that.

I don't mess with tv much til fall. When I get back I have them turn me on. 10 minutes later I call to cancel. (This won't help if they don't carry a station).

They send me to a cancellation special person. Special person asks why I want to cancel. I say cause I want movies but I got a zillion stations of nothing I want to watch. They throw all kinds of stuff in free for 3 months to keep me. That covers me for Oct, Nov and Dec. then I have to go on line and cancel before I'm charged.

Wait!, Damn!,
I'm a dish network welfare case. :D.

We haven't had cable for 3.5 years. We don't watch much sports and when we want to we can go to a friends place or go to the bar and drink a beer and watch it there. We have netflix and amazon prime, and we live in town so cable internet is fast enough. At our old house it was 50 miles to the broadcast towers and we installed an antenna in the attic and never had reception issues. The one we had was something like this and we had paid around $75: http://www.menards.com/main/electri...p-1467002-c-6295.htm?tid=-4767893155121090570

Still need to get one at our new house. At the cabin we are ~55 miles from broadcast towers and the antenna there gets poor reception. It is only 10 ft off the ground, it would probably be better at around 20 ft.