Turkey hunt

Peeps

5 year old buck +
Sitting in the blind with my son on our first ever turkey hunt. We have tonight and tomorrow to get it done. Hoping a “slow” Tom walks in to us beginners. If nothing else it’s a blast hunting with my boy. FBEB4FA0-8933-4264-8D8B-9DCF28580B2E.jpeg

Looks like a snowy Wisconsin turkey hunt. Great time to spend with your son during a youth Turkey Hunt. GOOD LUCK!!!

We just had a flock of 8 walk past but no toms with them.

Good luck!

E2446530-CB57-4E01-BAE3-E80E0E07D350.jpeg

That's great! Good luck.

4122420F-87EF-4E13-9B7C-7EB5D1288767.jpeg
Took my boy out for the opener before preschool

We had several gobbling after first light and hens yelping as well but none came in to us. After the sun came up they stopped talking. From talking to my neighbors the toms are still with the big flocks of hens here. That being the case we are sitting on a food source that the flocks have been visiting regularly.

My friend and helper on the farm has the first WI season. He was talking about building an igloo from which to hunt turkeys.

I've been out the last two days and they just will not gobble for anything. I spent a combined 13 hours in the blind; saw 2 toms with a hen at 60 yards and they just would not come my way. I felt like I was hunting the "lockdown" phase of the deer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn’t shoot a turkey but he still had a blast

My buddy turkey hunts in the Iola, WI area. He was unable to even get into the woods for his season due to the snow depth. Came up one day and left the next to go home.