Tree ID?

SD51555

5 year old buck +
I've got these all over my property. They are very common most everywhere up here, I just don't have the foggiest what they are. Can anyone ID this? I'm contemplating building a permanent stand on some of these, as well as cutting a bunch down to create sunlight. I just want to know what I'm working with before I get too far outta hand.

IMG_2115.JPG

IMG_2116.JPG

kskid

5 year old buck +
Don't know if it grows in your area SD - the bark pattern is similar to Hedge (Bois D'Arc, Osage Orange) that grows like weeds here in KS, but you didn't mention the "hedge apple" seeds or the @#%$^% thorns, which would be very obvious. If they're present, that could be your ID.

SD51555

5 year old buck +
You positive Stu? It makes sense, and it'd be great to hinge. Not so much great for stands though.

Ben.MN/WI

5 year old buck +
It looks like the basswoods found in MN and WI, but a leaf would be needed to be 100% sure. Basswood clumps are my favorite places to hang stands because they offer a lot of cover to hide movement when you're in stand.

SD51555

5 year old buck +
We're looking to build a couple more box stands (not the deluxe ones). My concern is that because they grow so fast, that they stand may get crushed, pulled apart etc.

Jim Timber

5 year old buck +
Basswood. Without a doubt.