All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailers

younggun1849

5 year old buck +
I ordered a Yamaha Viking yesterday, it will be here in a week. Now I need to find a trailer for it. I'm on the fence of whether to buy an enclosed trailer, or a regular open trailer for it. Any experience hauling a UTV with either of them? Will gas mileage be better with one or the other?

If you ever plan to travel far like a western elk hunt it's nice to have an enclosed trailer that you can lock gear up or even put a freezer in. If it's just for around here I think you'll want a more open trailer for easy clean up.

If you ever plan to travel far like a western elk hunt it's nice to have an enclosed trailer that you can lock gear up or even put a freezer in. If it's just for around here I think you'll want a more open trailer for easy clean up.

Cleanup is my main concern, but I think I could put a rubber mat in the enclosed trailer, and pull it out when it needs to be washed. I like that I could use the enclosed trailer as a portable place to store it as well.

If you get a toy hauler you could also purpose it as an ice fishing shack.

Cleanup is my main concern, but I think I could put a rubber mat in the enclosed trailer, and pull it out when it needs to be washed. I like that I could use the enclosed trailer as a portable place to store it as well.

I have an open trailer for my 2 ATV's. The mesh tailgate for loading/unloading puts a good drag and will reduce fuel mileage. As you stated an enclosed trailer will allow you to have storage when not using it. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten an enclosed trailer with a V-nose for fuel economy.

I ordered a Yamaha Viking yesterday, it will be here in a week. Now I need to find a trailer for it. I'm on the fence of whether to buy an enclosed trailer, or a regular open trailer for it. Any experience hauling a UTV with either of them? Will gas mileage be better with one or the other?

Which one did you get? I'm looking as well. Would you mind sharing what you paid?

I have an open 14'x6' for my Kawasaki Mule UTV. Works good. I do have to pull the windshield off for travel down the highway due to it being open. If it was enclosed I would not have to.

Which one did you get? I'm looking as well. Would you mind sharing what you paid?

The Viking 700 EPS in Camo. It was 12799. I added a 5 year warranty, a winch, and a snowplow. That was all additional cost.

I really like this machine compared to the polaris, I'm 6' 4" and I have 0 legroom in the polaris and it makes it tough to drive. I have a lot more room in this machine.

My personal opinion, buy enclosed.

When I bought my Ranger - I was scared to haul it down the road in the winter and cover it with salt. Salt ruins everything it touches. And any time between November and May around here, and there is probably salt on the roads. Seeing as I didn't have any way to wash it down after a trip in the dead of winter, I went enclosed.

No regrets, and it's proven handy for moving stuff, storing stuff, etc.

-John

6 of one half dozen of the other. Personally I prefer open.