All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailers?

Garrett2006

5 year old buck +
What brand and length trailers is everyone hauling there tractor with front end loafers on? I’m in the market now to buy one. Been looking at a Kaufman 22’ split tilt bumper pull.

This might be a regional type question as stock may vary depending on location.

I have a 14k load trail 20'plus beaver tail for tractors, TLB and skidsteer. Nice trailer and they're affordable but I'll likely buy a split tilt in future. I was debating it and for some reason I went with traditional beaver tail.

One really neat trailer is a big tex beaver tail but the ramps fold completly over to make the deck flat, I don't have one but look nice. I do have a bigtex brand dump trailer that I hate with a passion. Well built but poorly engineered as the scissor lift is to far back.

Last year we bought 2 iron bull dump trailers and they are wonderful trailers in both quality and engineering. Will certainly buy more of their trailers in the future.

Sorta depends on your whole rig size but agree that at least 20 ft is best. When you hang a brush hog off the back and loader in the front, sucks up some room. I've got a 12K 20 fter and have to curl the bucket some to get rig with cutter on my trailer and still get my ramps to fold up in back. The tail wheel hangs off the end of the trailer but still not beyond the ramp supports. Since you are looking at a tilt trailer you probably can hang a little more off the back. But whatever you have consider how much you want to drive rig forward and that puts more weight on your hitch. With loaded rear tires and cutter off the back, my balance is not too bad. Mostly over the trailer axles. If I had to get new again might talk myself into the 22 fter.

Pj 18’ beaver tail 14k. Trailer is 2 to 4ft short tho. Other than that it’s a really nice trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a 20' tilt to haul a JD 3038e with bucket or forks on the front and mower on the back. I love the tilt bed. Think it's an H&H. I just open the hydraulic jack ram and leave it open. Use the bucket or forks to shove the back of the trailer down and drive on. same process in reverse when unloading. Other than strapping the tractor down, it doesn't take longer than 10 or 15 seconds to load or unload the tractor. And I don't have to mess with ramps. I have found that the toughest pulling trailer I have is an 8' golf cart trailer with a full expanded metal ramp. The ramp is like pulling an anchor.

I use a 20' tilt to haul a JD 3038e with bucket or forks on the front and mower on the back. I love the tilt bed. Think it's an H&H. I just open the hydraulic jack ram and leave it open. Use the bucket or forks to shove the back of the trailer down and drive on. same process in reverse when unloading. Other than strapping the tractor down, it doesn't take longer than 10 or 15 seconds to load or unload the tractor. And I don't have to mess with ramps. I have found that the toughest pulling trailer I have is an 8' golf cart trailer with a full expanded metal ramp. The ramp is like pulling an anchor.
Yea I have a 6x10 with full ramp & when I pull
It empty, I always lay the gate flat to the inside of trailer. Thinking tilt is the way to go.

I have a PJ 22’ full tilt for moving cars and tractors. With a winch on it I can load stuff that runs or not. PJ is out of Texas but they have dealers all over.

Worth a look IMO. I’m happy with mine.

I was leaning toward a dove tail trailer. But, when I talked to the trailer dealer, he said he never had someone buy a tilt bed and come back wishing they had bought a dove tail. So I bought a tilt.

I use a 7k with dovetail to haul our compact utility tractor. I can put the loader weight on the trailer and drive right on no ramps needed. The 580 backhoe is on a 20k gooseneck hyrdalic ramp is very handy and can load the trailer all thr way to the end but it is about all the 2500 gasser wants.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk