All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trail cameras

schafj

A good 3 year old buck
Who else is going to the woods this weekend to get trail cam pics ? I'm leaving oit at 5:30 am..Im ready !

Just pulled 2 cards an moved a cam in the rain.
Threw down 12 pails of urea in the process out of the earthway, not fun.

Just pulled 2 cards an moved a cam in the rain.
Threw down 12 pails of urea in the process out of the earthway, not fun.[/QUOTER. Running trail cams are alot of fun but its hard work..and hot. The pictures are worth it sometimes..lol

I shouldve pulled the camera today while out there planting turnips. Havent been getting hardly any pics. Havent checked my mineral lick camera but we go near it every time we go to the pond.

I shouldve pulled the camera today while out there planting turnips. Havent been getting hardly any pics. Havent checked my mineral lick camera but we go near it every time we go to the pond.
Hopefully you'll get some pics soon. It's not long till we can sling arrows !

I just came back. I recently lost about half of my wireless network because the pines grew up and attenuated the signal too much. I'm in the process of erecting a taller antenna mast for a long-term solution, but in the near term, I'm reduced to collecting pics with SD cards from half my cameras.

I just came back. I recently lost about half of my wireless network because the pines grew up and attenuated the signal too much. I'm in the process of erecting a taller antenna mast for a long-term solution, but in the near term, I'm reduced to collecting pics with SD cards from half my cameras.
How much does the wireless cost a month? Is it expensive ? That would be nice though

How much does the wireless cost a month? Is it expensive ? That would be nice though

Zero monthly cost with my old BEC Orion system, but a high entry cost. I'm not just using game cameras for scouting. I'm using them for QDM data collection. They run 24/7/365 and are reliable but way too expensive for simple scouting operations. The cell phone systems that you pay a monthly charge for typically don't send full size images which I need for my application. My system operates on the unlicensed 900 MHz spectrum so there is no recurring cost. RF communications at that frequency can be challenging given the FCC power limitations. It is a good fit for my application but probably not for most. There are other threads with more details.

Thanks,

Jack