Trail cam false triggers

tooln

5 year old buck +
Here's one to think about. I seldom get any false triggers on my cams. Normally I will see at the edge of the picture what triggered it. Not very often I get a pic that I can't explain what triggered the cam. My BIL passed away last year just after Xmas & his wife moved into town after he passed. The place is sitting empty, so I'm renting the garage from her to keep the tractor in until I get a storage unit on my property. I set one of my cams in the garage. I pulled the card today and looked at the pics when I got home. It showed every time I was in the garage taking the tractor out or working on it. From the 60 pictures on the card 15 were taken when the door was closed and locked. There is no way a mouse walked in front of the cam because of where I have it set. There is nothing in the pic that would have suggested what triggered it. There are no birds in the garage that could have flown in front of it to trigger it. The false triggers all happened after the day my BIL passed. He loved working on cars or just piddling around in the garage. I think he's just watching over the place. What do you think?

A camera in that type of setup could pick up a mouse at a distance that you may not see it on picture. I don't know how big the garage is but the mouse could be on opposite side of garage.

The garage isn't that big and with everything that is packed in there the camera would not pick anything up on the floor on the other side of the garage. I've also zoomed in to try to look for a Mouse on the bench or anywhere else crawling on the tractor or whatever.

I have video cameras hooked to my security system. They record on a loop, but if they detect heat or motion they take a still picture and email me.

I've gotten lots of nothing pics over the years. Sometimes I can pic up a mouse. Other times nothing. No hard evidence but I just figure the sun heating the outside wall causes a false trigger. Is the camera facing a wall that the sun would heat up?

Not discounting the BIL thing. Ya just never know. Until you do know, but then it's to late to let any of us walkers know.

Temperature can make cams do wierd stuff....

I just sent in a Bushnell Trophy cam for repair/replacment. Temps get under about 20 degrees(actually not sure what the magical temp is), but it will take random pics.

I looked at the temps again and the pics were taken at 10 am 4 degrees, 8 pm 13 degrees, 8 am 4 degrees and 2 am 15 degrees. The cams I have in the woods are not taking false triggers at these temps? Kind of weird that's all.

Any way the sunlight thru a window is screwing with it?

Any way the sunlight thru a window is screwing with it?

I have the windows boarded over to keep the nosey neighbors out.

Bats, birds, mice, a spider ...

I thought bats hibernated this time of year. Never thought of a spider, but I never recall seeing one this time of the year either.