Tractor highs and lows

bjseiler

5 year old buck +
Only 13 hours on my new Kubota L2501 but I love it. Got an everything attachments wicked 55 grapple and have been playing with that today. Moved a bunch of large rolls of chainlink fence. Cleared up a pile of railroad ties. Feeling great.....until I drove over a railroad spike that must have fallen off one of the ties. I'll be picking up a shiny new front left tire tomorrow morning. Darn it.

I had a brand new 65 hp JD delivered to the house with a front bucket and a set of pallet forks. I drove it around the yard a few times and decided to change the bucket to the pallet forks to move some logs to the wood mill. Removed the bucket and hooked up the pallet forks. Raised the forks high overhead and I didn't have them securely latched. They came crashing down, narrowly missing the front hood of the tractor. Warped the back frame of the pallet forks. Less than two hours on tractor.

well not a tractor story, but I was once buying a new truck, while in show room at salesman desk filling out paperwork, they parked it street side for me, so when I was done I could get in close and leave
, while I was signing last form, DOT drove by painting white lines and spray painted a line down the side of the truck
my back was to the window and the salesman , just said, DON"T turn around ,
This happens so often here in PA< apparently, that the DOT has a whole system set up with dealers all over the state that REMOVE there paint!
OS< had to make an appointment to have removed, took truck in dropped it off, got called all good to go, got a ride to dealer (20 miles away)
my ride left as they backed truck out of garage, thinking all was GOOD< and the idiots then proceeded to lock the keys in the truck with the motor running??
SO< they ended up giving m a ride back to my house for extra keys, truck idled over an hour ?? and they gave me some money for Fuel when we got back??
Got to love things like this, at least if you have a good sense of humor, or at least can look back yrs later and laugh about it, some times when fresh it stings a little LOL

OH and I have had antlers go thru truck tires and an atv tire once??

Wait until you drive over an antler.....

I've gotten to the point where I look for antlers in my fields before spring green-up. There is something about the shape of an antler that makes them just right for tire puncture!

Only 13 hours on my new Kubota L2501 but I love it. Got an everything attachments wicked 55 grapple and have been playing with that today. Moved a bunch of large rolls of chainlink fence. Cleared up a pile of railroad ties. Feeling great.....until I drove over a railroad spike that must have fallen off one of the ties. I'll be picking up a shiny new front left tire tomorrow morning. Darn it.

......honey locust thorns work well for me........

bill

Aaarrghhh! Been there...sort of. Once upon a time I laid some steel T-posts down where I was making some fence. Well, about 2 years later I had a flat tire on my ATV. Turns out that I had forgotten about the fence posts and then drove over them a couple of years later and the "spade" part of the fence did a number on my tire. Moral of the story...NEVER lay anything that could wreck a tire on the ground. Sooner or later, something will get left behind and later run over. :)

It's a good feeling though to get stuff done with new equipment...enjoy!

ain't just tractors that get stick doing food plot work or upkeep
dead weight is dead weight some times , them warmer mornings that Thaw things just enough to allow you to drive in early and get stuck later coming out! HAHA!
Thank God for tractors to pull things out !

buster 549.JPG

ain't just tractors that get stick doing food plot work or upkeep
dead weight is dead weight some times , them warmer mornings that Thaw things just enough to allow you to drive in early and get stuck later coming out! HAHA!
Thank God for tractors to pull things out !

View attachment 30531

Iam not sure if this qualifies as an entry ... you could still step down. Hubbs still showing ... I'll let the judges decide ... :emoji_grin:

Iam not sure if this qualifies as an entry ... you could still step down. Hubbs still showing ... I'll let the judges decide ... :emoji_grin:
HAHA< maybe its the angle of that pic' maybe this gets me in the club LOL
and also, well the frame was sitting on the ground
and I also threw some rocks holes before giving up!, as it wasn't going any where, could stick it in drive and get out and all wheels would spin, as not much weight on them with the frame holding them up!
I am also glad it didn;t sink any lower, as I was barely able to open the door to get out of truck, to go get the tractor!
if it had sunk any lower, I would have had to jump out a window and I'm getting too and fat for that LOL

buster 551.JPGbuster 545.JPG

Planting trees with a mechanical pull behind tree planter burried the tractor.

u7MXmdG.jpg

8A9gZUL.jpg

Tires on the Ford let me down when brush hogging.

4Hg5D2W.jpg