All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top working/rind graft question

sandbur

5 year old buck +
I've got some seedling crabs that bare1/4 inch fruit and a ton of scion.

some of these seedlings are 2 inches in diameter. some rootstocks are 3 inches in diameter from old trees.

Is there any rule of thumb as to what height to cut them off at for a rind graft?

I would appreciate any other suggestions and have been doing some searching concerning nurse limbs, etc.

Stu_ I will show you these tomorrow.

Just saw this Bur. Did you get an answer from Stu? I don't worry about the actual height so much as trying to have a nurse branch.

I gave him my ideas Maya...

Sandbur...check out the video that NHM posted on post #14 on this thread http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/awaiting-graft-results.2858/

Art told me he's gonna hire me at $100 a day plus all the beer I can drink to work on his trees each spring ;)...right Art?
I think you need a helper for the bargain of a plane ticket and beer!

Stu's hearing AND memory ain't so good.

The deal was that I am a slow learner and that he should do 20 a year for me until I catch on.