Tiller tines

S.T.Fanatic

5 year old buck +
I have a Befco tiller that is in desperate need for new blades. I try to TNM as much as possible but until I can afford a No till drill I need to use some tillage. Does anyone have a good source for inexpensive tiller parts?

Thanks

Did you check Agrisupply? I don’t have a tiller but they have lots of parts for all things implements.

I'd like to know how may different "brands" of tines would fit my tiller if any. They have tines for $4 of course mine are $14 figures.

I’d spend $4 and see if it would work. Or could be made to work.

Every tiller I've seen uses different tines. I've got a JD and I had a Kioti brand. I think the best thing you can do is pull a tine and try to match it. I'll tell you this. I replace mine myself one year and it was a killer thankless task.

Thanks,

Jack

Every tiller I've seen uses different tines. I've got a JD and I had a Kioti brand. I think the best thing you can do is pull a tine and try to match it. I'll tell you this. I replace mine myself one year and it was a killer thankless task.

Thanks,

Jack
Im guessing the hot wrench will be needed as well as many replacement bolts and nuts.

Im guessing the hot wrench will be needed as well as many replacement bolts and nuts.

Yep. I find the outside tines (if you make turns with the tiller engaged) loosen first. I needed a breaker bar and some were still almost impossible to remove. With all the crap that gets into the threads over time, it may be easier to replace most of the bolts. If you have the time, you can probably soak and recover a lot. It was not a fun job for me even with an air wrench to do the initial assembly.

Thanks,

Jack

I have gotten them at king cutter in the past if they don't show your brand they will tell you how to draw it out and they will match it