Thoughts on buying land near a well pad?

They plugged 3 of the 4 wells on my place last week,thank goodness.Wish they would do the last one as my share last year was 290.00.

I think this one is plugged, there are no machines there. Once in a while some trucks go there, but not sure what for?

Just a few thoughts from experience.

How often are people there?
Is it an attractive trespass spot to hunters/poachers/atv-errs?
Are there foul smells and loud noises?
Does their property lease expand well beyond what is there now?
If work would happen there, would their access to/fro be a game changer for your place?
I have seen a number of utility truck with sheds on the dash, how about you? ;)
Can their employees reecreat on what is owned by them (whether this piece is or not)?
Could they sell it and would new neighbors be a game changer?
If there was surface work around there the soils will suck and the invasives be rampant.

Have a bunch of experience with utility guys in NY and OH on property owned, actually working for one.

Two quick stories. The NY guys have an easement through ours. Not only are they there at all the wrong times but they decided to hunting lease the neighboring farm.

Ohio in the last 6 months. Gas line guys show up on cam. Claim emergency repair needed in Nov. we had it out. Give them Jan, they "accidentally" access the property from everywhere but the easement, trash my roadway and a plot. Okay at best job with restoration. Meanwhile the electric company on a different corner decides theyll clear the ROW. Didn't see my address on OnX so just proceeded without notice. They also used the marginally restored roadway, which was millings atop muddy clay (that wasnt compacted) and made it worse. While I will supposedly get reimbursed, it put stress on my ticker and took away a bunch of joy and season.

They dont and wont care about you, your place or happiness. Id look at them as a bad neighbor for hunting and if their playpen location doesnt/wont affect you and yours...go ahead, if not expect the worst and know why its cheap.

Very rarely anyone ever there. No way anyone can access it without permission or being seen