This is what's left of a utility pole

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Anyone what to guess what happened....

Drunk tractor driver?

beaver:D lol

Three things I could think of. 1. Somebody ran into it. 2. Windstorm 3. Lightning strike

Lightning!

Or a buck rub :)

I'd have a look at the pole for a clue. I assume its laying there? :cool:

I'm going with lightning too.

All good guesses, but it was in the path of a tornado. Several homes in that area were completely gone.

This isn't where I live but at a place in another state where I was working recently. If you look closely you can see the twist in the splinters. I understand the power of a tornado, but I have never been able to comprehend how it gets ahold of a round, slick pole like that and twists it off at the ground. And, no sign of the rest of the pole anywhere.

And, I wish it was a buck rub!

Tornados are a awesome force, actually nature itself is an incredible force to be dealt with and respected. A customer just told me this week about a 20' flat bed, 5th wheel trailor that his brother lost this past week in a tornado. I mean LOST as in cant be found! It was in the middle of the path of a large tornado. No way anybody drove off with it, as the roads were impassable.

Tornados are a awesome force, actually nature itself is an incredible force to be dealt with and respected. A customer just told me this week about a 20' flat bed, 5th wheel trailor that his brother lost this past week in a tornado. I mean LOST as in cant be found! It was in the middle of the path of a large tornado. No way anybody drove off with it, as the roads were impassable.

I found pieces of metal in my field once that came from a tornado 250 miles away. Someone somewhere may have a trailor too, but I bet they won't be able to use it.

Tornadoes are nasty things.