They are growing

chummer

5 year old buck +
I must have started this thread before the switch over. These are three suckers I dug up from a neat crab apple I found last fall. They are really taking off now with the warm weather. I think I will move them to their new home this weekend. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

That's awesome, Nice job. It would be interesting to see the summer/fall growth, keep us posted.

I started many of my swamp crabs from cuttings like that.
This crab blew over but still produces crabs and root for new trees. Old picture form the old forum.IMG_7281 2.jpg some of t he trees from those pieces of root are now 10 foo tall.

I started many of my swamp crabs from cuttings like that.
This crab blew over but still produces crabs and root for new trees. Old picture form the old forum.View attachment 344 some of t he trees from those pieces of root are now 10 foo tall.
Do you "stool" those suckers or do you just dig them up from the base of the tree?

I wonder what a couple buckets of soil on that trunk would do to those suckers?

Itx would take a bobcat crossing a drainage ditch to put dirt on the trunk of that tree.

I have just whacked off a piece of root with one or two buds on it, or cut back to one bud.

I have another tree (Columbia crab) that can be grown from a piece of root and lots of time/luck.