The scrape tree

gwm

5 year old buck +
I put a camera on this scrape on Oct 16th. Here are a few of the pics I got this last week. I think there are 12 different bucks that visited the scrape from the 17th to the 22nd with a few bucks visiting multiple times during that timeframe. A lot are small bucks but also some decent ones. In looking at the entire sequence of pics there were some instances that as soon as one buck is done, another is right behind it, as if they're in a line waiting for their turn.

10170123.jpg

10170174.jpg

10180241.jpg
10180291.jpg

Last edited:
10180320.jpg
10190378.jpg

10190379.jpg
10190380.jpg
10190381.jpg
10190382.jpg
10190382.jpg

10200448.jpg
10200465.jpg
10200514.jpg 10200527.jpg

10210656.jpg 10210638.jpg
10210667.jpg

10210669.jpg
10210696.jpg 10210730.jpg
10220808.jpg

I like the pic of the one taking a nap.

Good pictures and nice sequence of the one buck wetting over his tarsals.

Cool pictures and nice bucks. Thanks for sharing.

I've never seen one lay down the scrape before! MINE!!

Great sequence of pics. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

You got some good bucks. Thanks for sharing.

The bedding buck is funny, basically laying in another guy's pee.

The bedding buck is funny, basically laying in another guy's pee.
But an effective way to stop others from claiming it nonetheless... at least until Mr. Big shows back up and then have a feeling that strategy might get dicey. ;)

I have a tree like that on one of the places I hunt
every yr its the same
the past few yrs I tired an experiment
I tried hanging a scent dripper over a limb next to it
I tried all sorts of scents in the dripper, from buck urine/doe pee, doe in heat, flavored scents and about YOU name it, if its sold in a bottle I tried it, been experimenting with it for about 10 yrs off and on

and EVErY SINGLE TIME< I hang that dripper(wear rubber glove boots at set up and its a cleaned and as scent free dripper as possible)
the bucks STOP hitting that tree/scrape, ONLY doe show up

IF I remove the dripper, bucks start to come back after about 8 days?

I tried leaving a dripper there once for 6 weeks say Mid OCt to end of Nov, thinking, well IF does are hitting it, bucks sure to follow them, RIGHT
NOPE< not a single pic of a buck on that experiment!, got tons of pic's of DOE"s peeing in the scrape too!

removed scent dripper and by end of first week in Dec, had bucks back!
NOW dripper was hanging on a hemlock tree, about 4-1/2 ft off the ground, and could barely be seen as cover of pine needles hid it pretty good! as I thought MAYBE it was a visual deal, keeping bucks off
I also thought MAYBE it was they had a stronger scent and were just NOW ONLY scent checking from farther out!
still a possible.
BUT not a single buck worked the scarpe at all, tried this from early Sept or when every I started to see action at the site thru Feb

and IF I had a dripper hanging , NONE would work the scrape
remove it(many times over many yrs now)
and they would return and start working the scrape again??

NOT sure what anyone else reads into this
But I STOPPED using bottled scents and scent drippers based on this study I some what did

and I even tired apple juice in the dripper LOL
so, my suggestion is, DON"T interfere with the natural draw of this site
adding anything mike break them off it IMO>