The earthworm thread

I took this April 24 last year. Was wet morning turkey season. As sun came up oak tree was alive with worms by the time it was light enough to take this picture over half were falling off. Zoom in on photo. I’ve talked to several biologists none had ever heard such a thing. I’d say they climbed 6 foot. Entire tree was covered with 1000s of them.
That's crazy.

I took this April 24 last year. Was wet morning turkey season. As sun came up oak tree was alive with worms by the time it was light enough to take this picture over half were falling off. Zoom in on photo. I’ve talked to several biologists none had ever heard such a thing. I’d say they climbed 6 foot. Entire tree was covered with 1000s of them.
Any chance that's a walnut tree?

I urge everyone to stop using glyphosate. Gly is harmful to all soil life and our health. There are a lot new scientific papers coming out about all the damage gly is doing to our environment and ultimately human health from the blatant overuse of it for so many years. I can go into further details but I try to refrain on here.

The key to crimping is doing it at the right growth stage, with rye it needs to be at anthesis, and you need so many stems per foot to get a good crimp/kill. But, with food plots even if you don’t get a perfect termination that’s okay, it doesn’t need to be picture perfect. Just some thoughts.

I don't disagree that our goal should be to eliminate or greatly reduce the use of herbicides, but from what I understand, glyphosate is not really harmful to earthworms:

And here's one that says glyphosate is bad for earthworms.

Guess which paper includes research done by Monsanto themselves?

And here's one that says glyphosate is bad for earthworms.

Guess which paper includes research done by Monsanto themselves?
Couldn’t agree more. You always have to see who’s funding the research.

LOL - Just goes to show you that researchers can prove or disprove anything they want depending upon how they crunch the numbers.