The boys of summer

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
I've picked up a few new ones recently. Most are young, but a couple look to have some age. Still too early to tell how they might finish. Not liking the looks of the last deer but others show promise.

Last edited:
I wouldn't give up on that last one yet. To me it looks like you've got some long G2's coming. The others look like they're going to be impressive as well! I also see some really long faces. I think you've got some brutes in that bunch.

I wouldn't give up on that last one yet. To me it looks like you've got some long G2's coming. The others look like they're going to be impressive as well! I also see some really long faces. I think you've got some brutes in that bunch.

Thanks. I'm seeing some age especially on that first one. Definitely going to have some mass on him.

How many acres do you have?

Forgot to post this one. I first thought he was that same as the first pic but now pretty sure he is different. Brows look a lot longer.

What part of KY are you in? Hunting land seems very reasonable across much of KY from the little I have researched.

What part of KY are you in? Hunting land seems very reasonable across much of KY from the little I have researched.

I'm in South Central KY about 2 hours south of Lexington and 45 minutes north of the Tennessee line. The weakness of a 10 mile radius around me is too much civilization and not enough big continuous woods. But, you don't have to go far to find better hunting land.

The western part of the state is known more for big bucks because of all the crops. The farming country down there would remind you of Illinois. Eastern KY is big mountains with little ag, but the sheer volume of wilderness grows some dandies.

Compared to some of the land prices I see at other places I think land here is generally reasonable.

some really good looking bucks there! i think that last one is giving you a deceptive angle. It looks to me like he has some serious brows that are up a little higher on the beam than most other bucks. the bases look pretty large as well. the buck with the curvy brows in pics 2-6 seems to like the cameras!

some really good looking bucks there! i think that last one is giving you a deceptive angle. It looks to me like he has some serious brows that are up a little higher on the beam than most other bucks. the bases look pretty large as well. the buck with the curvy brows in pics 2-6 seems to like the cameras!

Thanks Phil. Look back at the buck in the second pic. I believe he is a different one than the camera hog. His brows are different and his body is a lot bigger. Let me know if you guys see a different deer like I'm seeing....

Thanks Phil. Look back at the buck in the second pic. I believe he is a different one than the camera hog. His brows are different and his body is a lot bigger. Let me know if you guys see a different deer like I'm seeing....
yeah the belly sure does look a lot bigger on the pic2 buck and the deer's left antler looks smaller than the in the other pics.....i'd say odds are different buck

More mountains there than I would have thought. Good looking country.

Deer are growing some nice bone, Native. By fall there should be a couple dandies around there for sure. Good pix !!

Nice ones NH! Keep us updated as to what they blossom into. I hope to get some cams out soon. Will have to go dig them out of storage. Sold the house

Nice ones NH! Keep us updated as to what they blossom into. I hope to get some cams out soon. Will have to go dig them out of storage. Sold the house

Will do Jordan.

And if some of those deer you had last year are still around you will need a camera with a Wide Angle lens!

Will do Jordan.

And if some of those deer you had last year are still around you will need a camera with a Wide Angle lens!

Hope they show! Had 2 of the better ones go missing after rifle. Crossing my fingers that they just went into hiding. Time will tell. I got more food in than ever before with beans, peas, sunflowers, milo an a corn experiment (strip of bag corn)

I'm in South Central KY about 2 hours south of Lexington and 45 minutes north of the Tennessee line. The weakness of a 10 mile radius around me is too much civilization and not enough big continuous woods. But, you don't have to go far to find better hunting land.

The western part of the state is known more for big bucks because of all the crops. The farming country down there would remind you of Illinois. Eastern KY is big mountains with little ag, but the sheer volume of wilderness grows some dandies.

Compared to some of the land prices I see at other places I think land here is generally reasonable.
how far from burkesville? I found land in cumberland county that I obsessed ovet for a while. Kentucky is on my list of states I'd love to own hunting land in. probably second on my list to missouri.

how far from burkesville? I found land in cumberland county that I obsessed ovet for a while. Kentucky is on my list of states I'd love to own hunting land in. probably second on my list to missouri.

Their is just shy of 300 acres that borders my place in Mo for sale. It's very rural with endless miles of timber. Their is an 8k acre conservation ground very close that hardly gets hunted. This ground can be had for under 1k/acre. Let me know if you want anymore details

I'm only about 45 minutes away from Burkesville. That is the city where the guy lives who makes the "Bone Headz Deer Mineral." I'm good friends with one of his relatives. It's a nice area down that way.

Their is just shy of 300 acres that borders my place in Mo for sale. It's very rural with endless miles of timber. Their is an 8k acre conservation ground very close that hardly gets hunted. This ground can be had for under 1k/acre. Let me know if you want anymore details

if I had the means to make it happen I'd truly consider exploring the idea. if I bought out of state hunting land right now I'd be in trouble as a ring for the girlfriend needs to come first!