All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking the kids

Nice!....we stayed about one block from Independence Square in Kiev.
We spent one month in Ukraine. It makes you feel real wealthy and to not take everything we have for granted! It will make a grown man go to tears seeing the poverty and seeing kids diging through trash cans to find food.

We take too much for granted in the US!

Nice!....we stayed about one block from Independence Square in Kiev.
We spent one month in Ukraine. It makes you feel real wealthy and to not take everything we have for granted! It will make a grown man go to tears seeing the poverty and seeing kids diging through trash cans to find food.

We take too much for granted in the US!

I hear you. We're going way off topic here. If you spent 4 weeks there you'll appreciate this story.

At the embassy on the way home we met a couple, the wife was crying. We asked what was wrong and she said she had to get out of there she couldn't take it any longer. I felt bad and asked how long they had been there.......8 days!!!! My wife and I were in week 5.

3 of them in western Ukraine on a mattress on the floor with little heat and no hot water.

I'd love to send our poor with their cell phones and color TV's there for a month to experience poor.

Congrats to the young man!

Awesome! Congrats to the young hunter.

Congrats to your son!

Thanks...he is ready to get after them now.lol

Congrats!