Tactacam's new camera

Prairie Acres

Yearling... With promise
So I received an email today from Tactacam stating they are releasing a new camera tomorrow that will "rewrite the script on cellular trail cameras". It should be interesting what new technologies this camera will have.

I currently have three of the Reveal cameras. All powered with their solar panel and no internal batteries and they stay at 100%. Customer service has been good. The trigger speed is really slow on these cameras, hopefully they improve that with the new camera. Overall the cameras are a good value.

I’m excited to see what they have .

Reveal x3 and Pro 3.0 . My sources claim theyre better than the previous with lots of new tech and not just some mild make overs. Dual carriers, built in gps and sd cards..supposed improved battery life, sensors, etc. They look a little different. $135 and $160. respectively.

Reveal x3 and Pro 3.0 . My sources claim theyre better than the previous with lots of new tech and not just some mild make overs. Dual carriers, built in gps and sd cards..supposed improved battery life, sensors, etc. They look a little different. $135 and $160. respectively.

In other words, they built a Moultrie edge pro…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 356

Built in gps eh.. in other words you get a ticket in the mail when using them in a state that bans cell cams.

I have a few of each that will be here this week...can post more then

Antenna redesign to prevent breakage and built in memory seem like the biggest wins to me. Most of the complaints I saw about them were related to SD card issues.

The one thing I thought was stupid on my 2.0 was that the solar panel couldn't recharge the rechargeable lithium battery they sell. The solar panel plugs into the lithium cartridge.

Antenna redesign to prevent breakage and built in memory seem like the biggest wins to me. Most of the complaints I saw about them were related to SD card issues.

The one thing I thought was stupid on my 2.0 was that the solar panel couldn't recharge the rechargeable lithium battery they sell. The solar panel plugs into the lithium cartridge.
I have to say- it looks like a shroud where the antenna screws in.....not sure how much better it will be

I have to say- it looks like a shroud where the antenna screws in.....not sure how much better it will be
Apparently it straps to the side of the camera. Good for transport, but still won't stop devious critters.

I got two of the 3.0s this week. I had a different cell camera prior that I was very dissatisfied with. So far, I'm happy with the tactacams. Super easy to set up (5min or less) and the app is intuitive. I like how you can control camera settings remotely from the app (photo/video/delay/IR flash/sensitivity/etc) Had deer popping up on my phone within 30min of putting them on the tree.

The 2.0 was $20 off, so I picked up another of those. If the reviews on the 3 look good, I’ll repeat the process next season.

Apparently it straps to the side of the camera. Good for transport, but still won't stop devious critters.
Yes- just an appended rubber piece- they touted that the antennae was integral, but the point i was trying to make was i believe it remains screw in but is under a shroud

Built in gps eh.. in other words you get a ticket in the mail when using them in a state that bans cell cams.

They can ban cell cams all they want, but it will not stop me from monitoring their animals on my property, especially when they planted the animals and are now making money off my property.